Re the new project - it's a thought that might - or might not - come to pass. Our #1 son likes weird socks and they're the talk of where he works. His staff always wants to see what he's wearing (some of you might remember the watermelon socks I made him for last Christmas). Well, the subject of Mom knitting Spiderman socks for one of his co-workers came up and I promptly shot the idea down because I doubt he would want to pay what they're worth. That doesn't stop me, however, from trying to make some for our son - just to see if I can. There are patterns for kids versions but his size 13's are a tad large for that. So...I might have come up with my own pattern using a cross stitch design for the Spiderman. Will it work? Time will tell. In the meantime, the yarn has arrived..
I don't know if you troll Pinterest as much as I do, but that's where many of the links I find to share with you come from. It seems that more and more of what I see on there is quite obviously AI and if it's not that the links take you either nowhere or to a commercial site...or to YouTube or to Instagram. I have nothing against those but I don't make a habit of using them so I don't tend to overly share those sorts of places. All this to say, it's getting harder to come up with four or five links three times a week and sometimes I might not have as many to share as I usually do. There's only so many hours in the day to keep searching. I really wish Pinterest would go back to the way it was in the beginning when it was primarily crafters and artists sharing in an easy format.
- THIS is a nice idea if you have access to wooden spindles.
- I enjoyed reading THIS article.
- THIS is a nice shawl pattern.
- There are some different ideas HERE for using denim scraps.
Today's quote..."Without freedom of speech, we wouldn't know who the idiots are"
.jpg)
Yes too much AI everywhere--isn't there? I especially hate it when it tries to summarize someone's personal answer to your private emails--private?? Uh huh!!:(((( Big Brother has really come to pass--along with HAL (remember that movie ??).
ReplyDeleteI can imagine it must be challenging to come up with new links every week for you..We do appreciate them and I personally do enjoy them a lot.
Spiderman socks sound like fun to make...will be interested to see how they go...;)))
Hugs for a good weekend Julierose
It freaks me out when I talk about something within 'hearing' of my computer and suddenly I get inundated with ads targeting the very thing I mentioned. My friends tell me the same things happens with their 'smart' phones - yet another reason why I am looking to getting a 'dumbphone' when I replace my current one.
DeleteSo patterns frequently either don't work at all or don't produce the item in the picture. Quite often they're physically impossible but it's hard for an inexperienced crafter to know that ahead of time. I appreciate your taking the trouble to check and avoid. I've had too much work stolen and put up on Pinterest without any attribution to have much respect. I had to watermark my pictures to stop it.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could explore blogs and vlogs?
Pinterest used to link to blogs quite a bit and I liked that feature. Now they rarely do and most often it goes to something on instagram or you tube which I don't like sharing because not everyone uses those platforms (I will use you tube sparingly but instagram is out of my realm). It also annoys me when I see something that's really nice and they say 'free pattern' and when you click on it, the freebie isn't even close to what they pictured - click bait for sure. Not only that, since I got the new computer, it seems it doesn't have an ad blocker installed and everything I look at is chock-full of ads. Currently researching an ad block program and wish I'd paid attention to what was running on my old computer before it died.
DeleteI am rarely on Pinterest but must say there is always something interesting to see on there.
ReplyDeleteThere's lots to see but I'm not liking what clicking on most of them takes me to. Not what Pinterest was meant to be when it started.
DeleteI love the colours of your yarn.
ReplyDeleteSpiderman-y colours, I hope!
DeleteYour links are appreciated no matter how many. Many websites are so plastered with ads, they aren’t worth reading. I don’t see that in much in the links you share.
ReplyDeleteMay
I'm glad you're not seeing the volume of ads that I am at the moment. It seems since I got the new computer caused an influx. I remember the old computer having some sort of ad blocker but of course I lost that information when it died.
DeleteI used Pinterest for many years as an archive for art and gardening info, and especially for artwork with attributions accurately recorded by me. Then suddenly, after those many years, Pinterest eliminated the note section where I carefully recorded all this information (I'm talking hundreds of artists and thousands of labelled images) and that information was just gone. GONE. That was the day Pinterest lost its value for me.
ReplyDeleteI know, it's just not the same as it used to be, and I miss the old version. I get so annoyed at all the items on there that don't end up leading anywhere and it's pretty much impossible to trace things back to the origin. Maybe someone will start up a new site that goes back to their roots - we can live in hope!
DeleteIt will be interesting to see how you make those socks. Love that shawl.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Yes, the socks might prove to be too much of a challenge, but I won't know until I try.
DeletePretty sock yarn. I'm sure you can figure out a bigger Spiderman pattern. AI has become too much! Thank you for taking the time searching and sharing the links! I do appreciate it and I usually take a look at all. I really enjoyed looking through the denim ideas. I think you can download an AdBlock, but I'm not sure if it is payable or free.
ReplyDeleteThe yarn does look pretty so I'm anxious to get started.
DeleteAs for an ad block, there are a number of them but at this point I have to do a lot of research to figure out which one would be the best.
ooo!!! spider sense socks - they're gonna be so fun!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't get excited yet - they might, or might not, work!
DeleteCan't wait to see your spiderman socks! My two four year olds would love them!
ReplyDeleteHah - these will be for our 42 year old son! IF I can figure out how to do them.
Delete