MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Squirrel!!!

 Yes, I had a squirrel moment and I'm not the least bit ashamed.  Some of you might remember the tea towels I made to put in the Christmas box and from those I had some leftover fabric, just enough to make hot pads as an add-on to the original gift idea.  At least I used up the fabric AND pretty much put an end to the Insul-Bright I had too.  Win/win!


- Do you remember making pillows using THIS technique? I know my mother had several.

- Have a peek through the creations by THIS artist!

- And scroll down through the works by THIS artist too!

- Nann left a comment on my previous post pointing me to a fun YouTube video that discusses making crumb blocks (and her storage system is genius!).  Go HERE.  Thank you Nann!

- THIS is really pretty (I know it's labeled as 'winter' but I think it would be perfect for summer evenings too).

Today's quote..."I make art to show my soul that I am listening"





16 comments:

  1. Nice hot pads, and great to use up the Insul-Brite. Though I toss the potholders in the wash there comes a point where they no longer get really clean -- so why do I hang onto them? It's easy to make more!.....And thanks for the shout out. Glad you liked the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated to throw out the linen leftovers so I was happy to come up with making potholders and even happier that the Insul-Bright scraps yielded enough to complete them. (and you're welcome!)

      Delete
  2. Great use of your leftover fabrics and Insul-brite!! They really make nice little matching sets...nice idea!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to use up some stash! That's an ongoing effort for me.

      Delete
  3. Those mixed media natural objects on wood are lovely. I'm guessing they're small scale. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! They caught my eye too.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Sherry of createology: Great idea and use of the towel fabrics. Matching sets of practicality for the kitchen is always welcome. So many great links. Crumb blocks and organization…Whew! Perfect quote….I always say my soul is fed by the things I create and do. Happy Summer Solstice Dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy to use up some stash so I don't have to store it. And I don't know what my soul would do if I could no longer create things.

      Delete
  5. Great way to use up what you already have. Nice addition to the Christmas box.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like adding to the Christmas box, especially when it's using up remnants that I already have.

      Delete
  6. Those sets will be received with delight, I'm sure! And is there anything more satisfying than using bits and bobs to make something new? I do it more often with lumber and hardware than with fabric, but the feeling is the same :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good feeling to use something up and get it out of the stash (or at least it will be, once Christmas rolls around).

      Delete
  7. Great hotpads! I have this idea I want to embroider some hotpads as gifts, but I'm not sure if they would get used. Maybe I just need to do it for myself. These you've made are both beautiful and practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practical is always good, particularly these days when people are trying to cut back in so many ways.

      Delete
  8. I love that you get to use up parts of your stash as gifts. You have some great ideas and I'm sure they're all appreciated. That video about the crumb blocks was well worth the watch. Wish I could do that with all the paper scraps I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always on a quest to use up some of my stash and the fact that I get gifts out of it is a win/win.
      Pondering - why couldn't you use paper scraps and make something similar to crumb blocks?

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.