MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Just a stitchin' away

 Yes, stitching is happening but it's not at a point where I can share quite yet.  Serves me right for thinking that the current landscape needed embroidery.  I'm obsessed, I tell you.

So, instead of a photo of what I'm working on, you no doubt know what I shall do instead....

- THIS is a little sumthin' you might like to try making.

- I know at least one of my readers is playing with pin looms, so perhaps THIS might be of interest.

- HERE is another technique that would be fun to try.

- THIS proves you can recycle pretty much anything!

This oh-so-true meme was snagged from Boud's blog (thank you!)....



14 comments:

  1. The plastic toothpaste tube idea is something I'd never have thought of, though I do know a woman in the UK who flattens out metal tubes from tomato paste, etc., and makes delicate crowns with little silhouettes of birds and flowers! People are so delightfully creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a constant amazement to me just what people can come up with using ordinary objects most of us wouldn't consider.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout. Pinlooms are such fun to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thought you'd enjoy the pin loom link.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous12:29 PM

    Sherry of createology: I love love love this list of Creative People. It really does fit. Thank you out and MA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of pin looms. They look neat but I have too many other things on the go at the moment to tackle that...LOL I do however like the toothpaste tube craft, I thought that was a clever idea. I can finally comment now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm with you in not wanting to try another craft. It would mean likely having to get more stash and I'm really trying to use what I already have.

      Delete
  5. While I enjoy seeing your needle works, your mumblings never let me down. Thank-you.
    The Creative definition does describe me, so I guess I'm creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the mumblings because some days it's all I've got.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm, pin looms look interesting, however I am busy learning to weave on my rather large beast of a ridged heddle loom. That is coming along pretty nicely for my first try at weaving.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pin looms might be somewhat limited for a lot of things. Looking forward to seeing what you create with your new loom!

      Delete
  7. Toothpaste tubes. Who'd a thunk?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.