MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, June 24, 2024

Progress and another addition to the Christmas box

 First of all, these came off my knitting needles over the weekend...


Pattern is my generic one and the yarn was Paton's Kroy Socks FX in the geranium colourway.  Already added to the Christmas box.

And...I've made a good start at the current landscape as you can see from this...



- There are a number of ideas HERE for using lavender from your garden.  And have a peek at THIS (sorry, can't find the original creator, but I liked the idea anyway)

- I haven't shared an 'awwwww' lately, so how about THIS one?

- Have a peek through the gallery pages HERE.

- And the creations of THIS amazing artist too!

Today's quote...'There's really not a difficult thing unless you decide it's a difficult thing.  Otherwise, it's just the next thing you're figuring out"





14 comments:

  1. I do like paper artworks. It's an amazing material. Your latest artwork is coming along fast, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those paper pieces are astoundingly detailed - can't imagine the patience it must take!

      Delete
  2. This piece is going to be so amazing!! It is already looking super;)))
    Love the lavender crafts link..my favorite scent...;))) hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hopeful that I can pull this one off!
      I like lavender but it doesn't like me, sadly.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Sherry of createology: Such a pretty color way on the latest socks you have hand knit. This beginning of your newest landscape is amazing! It has already drawn me into the room to see more. So many great links. I have never embraced anything difficult…yet as I find my aging rushing along I do now embrace a few difficult “challenges” now. Happy Summer Week Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the recipient of the socks will like them. I think I subscribe to the 'difficult thing being figured out' a lot when it comes to my landscapes!

      Delete
  4. Really good progress on the new piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one is a definite learning curve.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! That is a great start. Love the socks too. Just made some lavender wands last night. I have to get out there and pick some more tonight for more. Smells lovely in here right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could have lavender in the house because it does smell so pretty.

      Delete
  6. A pair of socks AND all those pieces and details in your picture! You work fast. Those socks are amazing. I'm still trying to make a simple round rib knit hat without so many messy bloopers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting happens in front of the tv in the evenings - the landscapes happen during the daytime. I pretty much always have a pair of socks on the needles to pick up when I have a few minutes.

      Delete
    2. Oh my - and what a start you've made! I love all that you've done so far - this is going to be fabulous!

      Delete
    3. I definitely challenged myself with this one and so far so good!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.