MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Poof!!!

 


Well, the grandiose idea of using map thought bubbles on the latest landscape evaporated due to sheer ugliness.  Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?  We won't mention the fact that it took me an entire day to come to realization that it looked just plain stooooopid.   It's now back to what you saw in my previous post and I'm struggling with quilting it now.

- Have a peek at THESE.

- And THESE are interesting (be sure to scroll down)

- The knitters among you might find that THIS is quite pretty (and would be a good stashbuster too).

- You know that THIS would catch my eye.

Today's quote.."Laundry is the only thing that should be separated by colour"






10 comments:

  1. That's how it goes. So often an idea doesn't work in practice. But now you know! Onward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, onward....with my original idea. Methinks this particular approach will end up being a one-off.

      Delete
  2. But at least you tried and found out that it wouldn't work, rather than wasting brain cells wondering if it would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if you only knew how often I waste brain cells!!

      Delete
  3. Oh I am sorry--it's always so disappointing when what you think will be a super idea doesn't work out!! BUT--I agree with Nann--
    you learned what doesn't work which is really another part of learning...hope you can rescue your work done so far...I have been there a lot too...
    Hugs, Julierose;)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'circular file' on the floor beside my sewing table was put to good use!

      Delete
  4. You tried and that is always a good thing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I'm not going to subscribe to the old theory that 'if you don't succeed, try, try again'. Nope, this is a one off!

      Delete
  5. You're just practicing that word that has become popular the last few years - "pivot". It may work for something else in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, didn't know 'pivot' - always thought it was squirrel-moments!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.