MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

More mumblings

 A warning about the eyeglass cleaner I talked about in my previous post - please heed the warnings from Becki in the comments on that post regarding glasses with an anti-glare coating.


I would love to be able to show you progress on the landscape and rest assured there HAS been some, however it's at a point where I really can't show you without revealing the whole thing.  I want to prolong the suspense (or something).  The embroidery is happening but it's taken several days already and is likely to take several more before I'm calling it done.  Hopefully I can show you something on Friday.

- HERE are some eye-catching ideas for yarn storage.

- Have a look through the work of THIS amazing artist!

- I came across THIS really good article concerning different online selling platforms.  Lots of food for thought there.

- Have a look at THIS!  And oh wow - THIS, too!

Today, instead of a quote....




8 comments:

  1. Online selling is scary. Etsy isn't what it use to be. Adult items in with family rated items is a concern for me. I feel it is unfair they promote ethnic groups when online there is no rule or requirement to post a photo so folks know who you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard so many recent horror stories about Etsy so I'm steering clear of them. Now Paypal is having questionable issues so it's hard to know what to do. I finally resorted to giving paypal my old cell phone number (still have that phone but don't use it) and that seems to have appeased them and I was allowed into my account to check for fraudulent purchases of bitcoin that I KNOW I would never do. Turns out the bitcoin purchase notifications were yet another scam.

      Delete
  2. About cleaning eyeglasses, lifelong glasses wearer handsome partner always used soap and water and rinsing cool. So I, late in life wearer, do likewise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often use good old Blue Dawn dishwashing soap on mine, particularly when they're greasy.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous6:45 PM

    Sherry of createology: I gave up trying to sell online with etsy. It was early on and not well recognized. My sales were very minimum and not worth all the time listing and photoing and paying the fees. Good Luck to you dear. I think Donna knows best as she has made lots of sales on her FB. Amazing creative artist on your links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Facebook is another means of selling but I don't know much about it - something else to look into. I suspect for the amount of sales I would ever make, the photographing and listing would take more time than it would be worth.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I got a mention! Here I was kind of afraid to come back in here after writing such lengthy (and probably confusing) comments on your last post. I used to do as Boud does (just cleaned with sudsy water). The boutique person said I needed to be careful about ingredients in soft soap! I asked her what I needed to look for and she couldn't remember. Sigh. I tell ya' for such an expensive and needed "accessory" it's insane that it's like pulling teeth to get information. Since they offer "refills" on the lens cleaner I've just decided to go that route and not ask such complicated questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been taking the so called free refills too - but now they've stopped offering them. I'm a firm believer in using Blue Dawn dish soap (and/or vinegar) for cleaning a lot of things.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.