MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 10, 2022

 Sorry I was missing in action on Wednesday but we had a couple of appointments and when we got home doing my blog post was completely out of my mind.  There's another appointment today but it's not until this afternoon.

Yesterday was yet another learning curve because I had to buy and install a new printer.  These things don't come easy to me so I'm sure I end up taking way longer than necessary.  So far so good.  I invested in a Brother printer/scanner/photocopier that uses ink tanks rather than cartridges.  According to the 'blurb' the ink tanks will supposedly (!) work for upwards of a year under normal printing conditions.  Of course the tanks that come with the printer aren't full-sized so it's going to be awhile before I know how economical it might turn out to be.  

Now that I have finished that landscape that was being hard to get along with, I'm hankering to start a new one.  So, thanks to Michael Truman's photography efforts, I have fodder for a new creation...

Image courtesy of Michael Truman

This one is going to be fun!

- Have a look through the galleries of THIS amazing artist!

- and THIS artist too!!

- And how about the galleries HERE?

- I found THIS to be quite interesting.

- Some of you might find some ideas HERE to spark your creativity.

Today's quote..."Life's biggest tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"





12 comments:

  1. You post the best links! Karen Pleass artwork, those necklaces are gorgeous.

    Printers. Does the description state what they consider normal use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the links! I post things that interest me and hope that others find them of interest as well. As for the printer - no, they don't seem to say what 'normal' use is. Somehow I seriously doubt the hype that the ink tanks are supposed to last a year. We'll see I guess.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the new printer--they are a total mystery to me--luckily DH has no problems with them;)))
    Thanks for the fascinating links--very inspiring...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to get it hooked up and running - I think. Now just have to figure out the little nuances my other one didn't have.

      Delete
  3. Anything red I'm going to like. Great photo choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about a red Herbie, isn't there.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, that old car looks like a fun new project. We have a printer with ink tanks (it might even be a Brother) and we just love it. It IS much more economical. Bruce used to add the ink himself, but since he lost his right arm, I have to help a bit. I still don’t really know what’s happening (and it doesn’t need it very often), so I’ll have to start paying more attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the initial tanks aren't going to be very economical but I suspect the manufacturers make them that way. They're looking pretty empty already and I've only printed some photos. We'll see. (I've always wanted a Herbie so this car holds great appeal).

      Delete
  5. Jillayne11:01 PM

    Love that photo - I have a fondness for Volkswagen "Bugs" as we had one when I was very young and I remember it well - my brother who was a baby at the time was alway placed in the cubby...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you to have had a VW - I've never been lucky enough to even have a ride in one.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the printer. I don't seem to use mine much but I seem to go through ink quickly. I learned to drive a stick shift in my friends VW beetle. She wishes she still had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can drive a stick shift too but I learned on the family grain truck when I was a kid.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.