MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 17, 2022

Evening doings

 Over the past few nights I've created an outfit for our wee little lady.  I made them in the next size up so they won't fit her until fall.  




Hat is THIS one and the sweater is THIS one (only I chose to make it sleeveless).  Yarn is SO cushy - Bernat Baby Velvet.

- THESE are fun!

- And have a peek through THESE too.

- I came across THIS and think it's an intriguing way to make a jacket (you'll have to scroll down to follow all the steps).

Today's quote is from Lori Deschene..."No one changes unless they want to.  Not if you beg them.  Not if you shame them.  Not if you use reason, emotion or tough love.  There's only one thing that makes someone change:  their own realization that they need to do it.  And there's only one time it will happen:  when they decide they're ready"



14 comments:

  1. That quotation is so true. We can't reshape other people. Heck, it's hard enough to manage ourselves! That's a lucky girl, with such clothes coming her way. Beautiful outfit. I appreciate that you always tell us what yarn you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bernat Baby Velvet isn't the easiest yarn to work with because sometimes it's difficult to see the stitches but the result is worth it because it's so soft.

      Delete
  2. Great quote, and super links
    Beautiful wee lady band and sweater. The sweater pattern, I'd like an adult size in that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like an adult size in that pattern too - I'm sure there's one out there if we look hard enough.

      Delete
  3. Love that quotation as it is so very true. What a cute sweater, and made out of such soft, squishy yarn.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That yarn is indeed squishy! I have enough left to make her a stuffie too so stay tuned!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful little outfit. The yarn looks so soft and cuddly! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That yarn is so very squishy but it's a tad difficult to see the stitches clearly. Good thing I mostly crochet by feel!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Sherry of createology: MA Dear this is the sweetest little sweater and hair band ever. Your skills are impeccable and you are so quick to complete each project. I am an unflattering shade of green envy. Wonderful Summer ahead…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness - I hate to think of you sporting an unflattering shade of green! These projects did work up quickly because the yarn is so bulky.

      Delete
  6. What a sweet and comfy looking sweater and headband. Your granddaughter will be stylin' wearing those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's too young to appreciate the style, but at least she'll be warm!

      Delete
  7. Awwww this is just too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind a sweater adult-sized in that pattern!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.