MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 03, 2022

Stuck in the mud (or a treatise on the spinning of wheels)

 Well, let me see - what could I possibly find to mumble about today?  How about this?

A box of inspiration arrived.  There's yarn in there for a number of projects so I will be working my way through it over the next while.

Yesterday I spent the morning helping my friend with clearing out her dad's house after he has moved to assisted living and I came home with a new-to-me thread holder.  You can see it in the photo - it's the wire one on the right.

My son made the one on the left many years ago.  I have more thread than fits on these two holders but at least my blues, browns and greens are somewhat organized.

I've started another cross stitch ornament - the Nutcracker this time.  I plan to make two Nutcrackers and two of the chef ornaments so I'll be working on these for awhile.

- You might enjoy looking through some of the galleries of THESE artists.

- THIS is an interesting interview that addresses recycling textiles into art pieces.

- Because this is a full-service blog (see blog post title above), I know you need to know how to do THIS!  And another just because thing is HERE.  

Here's the quote for today...






14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the clarissa Calleson link. That's wonderful and reawoke my long dormant life size soft sculpture idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, did I have my 'enabler' hat on again?

      Delete
  2. What a great motivator to get a box of yarn in the mail. Choice for thread storage is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a box of yarn is always fun - now the trick is trying to remember what I was planning to make!

      Delete
  3. Oh Squishy wonderfulness. Enjoy working your way through the yarn. I must say you are way more organized than me. My threads are higgley, piggily on my thread holder.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, these are just my organized threads - we won't mention what I have lurking in drawers.

      Delete
  4. Love the artist link! Lots of inspiration there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed seeing that link - I agree there's inspiration for sure.

      Delete
  5. You've got some interesting projects coming up in that yarn box! Nice to have a new (and free) thread rack. I have soooooo much thread that I don't think I'd have enough wall space. I'm definitely on a "use it up" phase with thread and that will take the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could ever have enough thread, particularly in colours I need for landscapes. I don't quilt to the extent you do though so I can have a smaller stash.
      As for the yarn - I had projects in mind when I ordered it and now just have to hope I can remember what they were!

      Delete
  6. I love the poem. It's so easy to lose sight of who we are! How nice to have an additional thread holder and acquired helping someone get rid of something they didn't want.... win:win! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the thread holder was definitely a win on my part, with the additional bonus that I now have something that belonged to my friends mother and it will remind me of what a lovely person she was every time I use it.

      Delete
  7. Great score on the thread holder. I don't think I'll ever get my husband to harvest cattails for me again. Last time he ended up knee deep in a ditch. Sounds like something I would like to try but a few too many references to mold give me pause. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be trying to harvest cattails either but I know some people do.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.