MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Nada, nuttin, and not a thing

 Yep, that about explains my past couple of days.  I finished going through most of the rest of my crazy quilting fodder and there's nothing noteworthy about that - nor are there photos.  

There's nothing noteworthy about the fact that I added the shirt buttons (beads) to the cross stitched chef I already showed you.

There equally nothing noteworthy about my starting another cross stitch in the same line - this one is Santa's house.  No photos of that either.

There hasn't been a single stitch taken in the latest landscape but there's been some pondering going on.  Obviously there are no photos of the inner workings of my mind and you should be grateful for that let me tell you.

There also nothing noteworthy about the fact that I've started knitting yet another 1898 hat just like the other ones only a different colour.  

Yeah, even I'm managing to feel bored about all of that.  So....how about some links....

- Have you heard of book nooks?  Apparently they're taking the internet by storm and this is the first I've heard of them.  Go HERE for more info (and 'do a google' if you want to see even more!).  If you want to attempt making one yourself perhaps THIS could be a jumping off point.

- There's been some discussion going on about kantha stitching and I came across THIS and thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.  I won't, however, be paying that much for one for myself!

- HERE is another of those things that's really eye-catching but I'm not about to make one.

- If you want to be astounded at some needlework - watch THIS video. (Thanks Boud for the head's up on this one!).  Franklin chats a bit at the beginning and then the video moves into the patchwork pieces.  Amazing pieces!

Today the quote is from Amar Dave..."Too many people are thinking the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, when they ought to just water the grass they're standing on"




18 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you also linked to Franklin Habit's vlog. I've been pushing people to it because it's such amazing work, all in one collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't NOT share that link, for sure. Thank you for finding it in the first place.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous3:32 PM

    Oh my - thank you MA, and thank you Boud - that was a very interesting video on the needlework, and has given me lots of future ideas to work with, and I must say that Franklin is very easy to listen to as well.
    The book nooks are something else, aren't they - wow, I'm not sure my fingers will work with such small things any more, but again, wonderful ideas.
    Thank you for these little gems you're finding, MA. Great!
    Val (UK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to share that video because it was so filled with inspiration (and a little bit of coveting was going on here over that pair of amazing scissors!).
      As for the book nooks - I love that idea because I've always been fascinated by miniatures and have no room for a dollhouse here. One of the book nooks would fit quite nicely on my shelf but only IF I get rid of enough books to make room for it! It would be such fun to attempt a sewing-themed nook.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous1:28 PM

      A sewing-themed nook - that would something else, MA, great idea!
      Funny thing, I collected some very small items to make one of those 3D deep picture frames - one each for my grandchildren - a pretty bedroom for granddaughter, and a beach theme for grandson - they may come in handy for this ... mmm thoughts ...
      Val (UK)

      Delete
    3. I'd love to try this idea but I have to get rid of some books to make room for it. Maybe, one day.....

      Delete
  3. Those book nooks are amazing, I just don't know if I would take the time to do one on my own.

    Pretty boring here too. I have finished up a couple of items, but have really slowed down on the projects I had planned.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would seriously love to make one of those book nooks - would indulge my love for miniatures without taking up a ton of space.

      Delete
  4. Oh my heart…I love the book nooks! Anything miniature and/or dollhouse theme is my all time love. I cannot believe you are bored…you may need a break. You inspire so many of us every single day dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm not bored but I figured my readers would be! I managed to clean up my sewing room after the great sort/riddance and now I don't want to mess it up.
      I love the book nooks too.

      Delete
  5. I’m caught up on your posts now. Glad you did a big cleanup. 2 garbage bags ! That must have felt wonderful!
    Love the Knitting and cross stitching. I would love to see your new Santa design. I’m off to check out the Kantha link you shared. Hope the weather si more springlike than here in the Ottawa valley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The final tally ended up being 2 1/2 garbage bags and yes it did feel good!
      Definitely not spring-like here because there's been ice pellets hitting my sewing room window this morning.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes we just need a breather day or two, I am the same I have had the nothing nada zero progress days.
    I do like to take a half hour nap every day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine the luxury of taking a nap. It simply doesn't happen here because my Resident Chef is akin to a bull moose in a china shop and makes too much noise for any successful napping attempts on my part.
      I'm still making progress on some projects but there's been nothing that's worth taking photos to share.

      Delete
  7. I had not heard of book nooks before. I don't think I'd want to bother creating one myself, but it sure would be fun to see someone else's. People are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of them either so I've been losing myself exploring some of the great ideas I've found on the internet. I wonder who thought of it in the beginning.

      Delete
  8. So many interesting links. The quote is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that quote too - how true it is.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.