MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 29, 2022

A discourse on the spinning of wheels

 I know, I know, everything happening here at Chez Magpie is just about as inspiring as watching grass grow and I get it, truly I do.  However, how do I show you that I spent umpteen hours trying to wrestle my printer into printing correctly (I lost) and THEN I switched my attention to trying to figure out why Resident Chef's camera was refusing to talk to the new computer.  They didn't want to play nicely at all and kicked sand at each other just like kids in a playground.  They pouted and they hurled insults (oh wait - the insults were being hurled by yours truly).  Finally, after much bumbling and most unladylike utterances of words, I managed to get them to talk to each other.  I think.  

As for the printer issue I've finally narrowed that one down to it being a faulty ink cartridge.  My printer is an Epson and uses 4 cartridges, all of which need to be spitting ink at the same time in order to perform correctly.  The blue is refusing to cooperate (the other colours are working fine) so it leads me to believe that it's faulty.  

I can show you a tiny bit of progress on the latest cross stitch - the background on this one is done now and I'm currently adding the top stitching and little details.  



Oh, and I can also show you a photo of my Resident Chef...


- THIS is well worth seeing and reading about.  

- There's an article/how to HERE for making a jacket from a quilt.

- Some of you might find THIS site of interest.

- Have a peek at the amazing creations by THIS artist!

- If you're searching for a natural homemade weed killer (have I mentioned that this is a full-service blog???) go HERE.  

Instead of your quote today....






17 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Know the feeling. With Mike done, no one is holding me accountable, and so not much gets done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just need to take time to just be and not worry about what you are accomplishing or not accomplishing. Just being is enough.

      Delete
  2. Yes, just be. We tend to put a lot of emphasis on production, accomplishing, forgetting that there's a time to lie fallow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not normally one to sit and do nothing and even now I'm not doing that. There is research on Ancestry happening and there's cross stitch and knitting in the evenings.

      Delete
    2. I was really addressing your earlier commenter.

      Delete
  3. Crafty looking fellow, your Resident chef. Creative couple, you two make
    Lovely links, but I would not want a realistic lion like that on my wall. Eerie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - crafty looking because he does crafts or because he looks sly? (lol)
      And no, I wouldn't want that lion on my wall either, but it sure does look impressive!

      Delete
  4. Nice to see a great pic of Resident Chef! Have a lovely weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not often willing to pose for the camera so I was lucky on this one!

      Delete
  5. Glad everything is talking to each other again Mary Anne! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the camera and the computer seem to be playing nicely, but still can't get the printer to cooperate.

      Delete
  6. I will say you are most entertaining as you tell of your woes, and supposed uninspiring moments. The pic of Resident Chef is nice. Not only does he cook, but he's a handsome fella too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think my boring post about nothing is entertaining! Personally I would be beyond bored with me if I were you.
      And yes, I think Resident Chef is pretty handsome too (but I'm SUPPOSED to say that!!)

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Sherry of createology. You certainly have perseverance for getting your electronics to play well together. Such a great photo of your Resident Chef. My goodness…those felted creations are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perseverance? No, it's more like sheer stubbornness! Haven't won the battle with the printer yet though.

      Delete
  8. Anonymous6:18 PM

    Looks like my to-do list for the past week. Just not in the mood to do much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes a time of sloth is good for our souls - at least that's my story!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.