MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 08, 2022

Little bit more

 There's been a little more done on the landscape, mostly on the house itself.  I think (key word, think!) the house part is done and now it's on to the sky.



I also made a couple hearts to take into the wild (so to speak) from inspiration found HERE.  The "I Found A Quilted Heart' initiative is just plain fun to do.  I don't know if I'll ever hear that someone found these but it doesn't matter.  The fun is in finding places outdoors to hide them in plain sight.  I plan to make more over the summer months, just because I can!




- I know there are multitudes of blanket patterns out there but THIS one caught my eye primarily because of the wonderful colours. 

- There's a really pretty sunflower cross stitch design HERE.

- THIS would be something cute to make for Easter.

- I found THIS an interesting read even though I don't do needle felting.  Some of you probably do, so I'm sharing!

- An interesting article HERE re how important getting gauge is when knitting or crocheting.

Today the quote is from Leo Buscaglia..."Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around"



20 comments:

  1. Nice progress. The colors on the roof glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then - I'm better than I thought! Never dreamed I could manage to give the effect of something glowing.

      Delete
  2. Making the hearts is so much fun. I could spend most of a day using up scraps of all sorts while I'm thinking where I might leave them. Good motivation for exercise. I hope someone reports finding yours. It is fun to find out their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used some pieces of fabric I'd cobbled together to make postcards that had been lurking on the shelf for far too long. Thought hearts would be a good use for them. It's a great initiative and good to do in the warmer months when more people are out and about.

      Delete
  3. Your hearts are beautiful. I hope whoever finds them reports it. I'm sure they'll be loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun if the finder does report it but even if they don't, I can have the fun of putting them out.

      Delete
  4. That leaving stuff to find definitely interests my inner stealth artist. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! It will be fun to hide them in different places. There are some places where it wouldn't be allowed but the rest of the world is fair game.

      Delete
  5. Posted too soon before I mentioned that I very much like the part on the house where you can see through the window to another. That's a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all part of the general decay in many old buildings so I wanted to reflect that.

      Delete
  6. Oh that quilted heart group! I did the rock thing for quite a few years and painted and put out many of those. I hadn't heard of this one but I think I may give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hearts don't take all that long to make and if you do them in an assembly line fashion you can make several. I'm putting mine in a ziploc bag just to keep them dry although you don't have to.

      Delete
  7. Loving your old falling-down house. :) And those needle felted faces - oh my.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki! I agree with your assessment on those faces - way beyond my abilities for sure.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely idea the hearts are. I love seeing things like this that people leave for others to find. Have a lovely weekend Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea too - it's something small that pretty much anyone can do and hopefully can give some joy to the finder.

      Delete
  9. Your hearts a soo pretty! I wouldn't mind "finding" one of them! And your landscape is a true piece of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it interesting to check their web site and see that the hearts are being found all over the world - it's so easy to do and gives such pleasure to the finders.

      Delete
  10. Your landscape is really coming along so well...such lovely work...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose - it's getting there. Right now I'm working on the hand stitching.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.