MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Just a knittin' away

 The landscape, although being worked on somewhat sporadically (blame Arthur who seems to have attacked once again), has a little done but not noticeable in a phone,  so I've been knitting a little bit and completed another 1898 hat and mitten ensemble which is destined for the Christmas box.


And...I've almost finished the cross stitching on the chef - just a little more topstitching to do.



.Today's quote is from Martin Luther King..."When evil men plot, good men must plan.  When evil men burn and bomb, good men must build and bind.  When evil men shout ugly words of hatred, good men must commit themselves to the glories of love"



10 comments:

  1. Ive done designs in bleach, just painting it on. Thanks for the reminder. I'm looking at a denim project thing right now and a bit of bleach painting or spraying would be just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh oh, don't tell me I've enabled you again!

      Delete
  2. Cute knitted set--love the variegated yarn color...I want to knit some "key hole" scarfs; I think they are really cute and would be nice and warming...plans, plans, and more plans right? that's what comes from having to sit and rest!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least if you're having to sit and rest it's not affecting your brain and all the ideas you have for when you can get up and do.
      I made keyhole scarves a long time ago and should revisit them.

      Delete
  3. Another pretty knitted set Mary Anne. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the recipient will think so too when she opens it at Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Your knitted hat and mitts are very sweet. The chef is perfect. I don't know about you but I always find that backstitching seems to take forever.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backstitching does take time but luckily there wasn't a whole lot of it on the chef.

      Delete
  5. Pretty knitted set Mary Anne!
    I love the chef, he’s going to be fantastic, well done!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing the chef completed into the ornament. Not at all sure about how successful I'll be in the finishing though because I've never attempted to make anything like this end up being round.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.