MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, March 21, 2022

Check!

 Yes, I can check off an almost complete second ornament.  Still awaiting a shipment of special threads in order to actually complete the final details, but I'm calling this one done (phew!).  Now I'll start working on one of the chef ornaments (mainly because I need more thread in order to do another house).  


For some reason, known only unto my computer, I can't seem to crop photos at the moment.  You'll have to click to embiggen to see the details I think (?!)


- THESE are SOOOO pretty!!!

- THIS is a pretty pattern for a cowl that doesn't look too difficult to make.

- There's a fun little quilt 'game' you can play HERE.  

- If you have little ones in your family, perhaps making THESE for Easter would be fun! THESE too!

- I love THESE and will have to give them a try!

Today's quote is from Scott Stabile..."I look around and see so much fear, people getting more and more comfortable with their hate, more at ease with being mean, more united in their separation.  And I think, NO.  Not me.  I will not get lost in this fearful world.  I will not play with bullies.  I will continue to be brave and kind.  I will speak for real unity.  And no matter what, I will never stop loving"



10 comments:

  1. That's a good quotation from where I am today. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad more people wouldn't take that quote to heart!

      Delete
  2. It is difficult to keep a positive attitude with all that is happening around us...but hopefully we can stay kind and caring...
    it is so easy to complain and then you watch the Ukraine desperation and need--and you feel so grateful for all we have...

    Your ornament is so pretty--such tiny little block shapes!! Beautiful work on these...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's human nature to want to complain it seems but seeing what's happening in the Ukraine certainly should make us keep things in perspective.

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful design this one is. Hope your thread arrives soon. Looking forward to seeing them made up! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun once I got past all that brown!

      Delete
  4. I am getting curious how these are going to become ornaments.
    The fat quarter page is one I'm bookmarking. Interesting.
    You know I'm going to have to try the octagon bowl too, except with scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I'm curious how they're going to go together too. I will wait until I have them all stitched and then put them together assembly-line fashion.
      I agree, the bowl is intriguing, and I suspect I'll be making at least one.

      Delete
  5. Your stitchery looks cute. Like Joy, I'm wondering how this is fashioned into an ornament. I look forward to the final project. Thanks for linking to that cowl pattern. I'm printing it out as I type thinking I might be able to manage something like that. Maybe. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ornament ends up 'in the round' with a roof so it looks like a little house. Not sure how well I'll manage to put them together but we'll see.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.