MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 04, 2022

Well, then.....ummmmm.......

 Never let it be said that your writer is overly endowed with brains.  I have a wonderful picture to share with you. today.....


Isn't it wonderful?

Oh

You mean you don't see anything?

Well, then....

I planned to take a picture of the sleep pants I made for our grandies.  Honestly I did!  But guess what....the box is packed up already and waiting for UPS to pick it up tomorrow.  And guess what else ....there aren't any pictures to share.  oops

OK then - how about I show you the fabrics I used?  


A big bro and little bro pair out of
each fabric. 
 

You have a good imagination and I'm sure you can imagine what the sleep pants looked like!!???  I was able to squeeze out enough fabric to make both a big brother and little brother pair out of each one.

- If you are searching for vintage Easter images, have a look at the many found HERE.  

- Those of you who are wanting to show support for the Ukraine and happen to be knitters - you might like to consider making some of THESE (perhaps for use as a bunting?)

- THIS takes you to a whole raft of knitting tips and helps.

Today's quote is a Cherokee proverb..."There is a battle of two wolves inside us all.  One is evil.  It is anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, lies, inferiority and ego.  The other is good.  It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy and truth.  The wolf that wins?  The one you feed"



17 comments:

  1. After my day yesterday, I'm in no position to tut over a forgotten picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's not that sleep pants are very exciting so no real upset over forgetting the pictures.
      Hope your day today is improving!

      Delete
  2. I've done that before with my cards, especially those to family members. I've had to ask my DIL a couple of times to send me a picture so I could post it on my blog. There are a lot of steps to creating and then managing a blog too, but I like to have a visual record of what I've done if for no other reason than so I don't duplicate something to someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole reason I started my blog in the first place was to have that record of things I've done - it's only a great bonus that I actually have readers somewhat interested in what I do.

      Delete
  3. Those are really cute fabrics--I am sure the boys will be thrilled...[no picture, no problemo ;D ]
    I more often than not just forget myself...Hope your upcoming weekend is a good one hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I showed our 5 year old the fabrics (via video chat) before I started them and he was pretty happy. He was also happy to know that his little bro would have matching pants. Thought I should ask if it was ok before I went ahead!

      Delete
  4. Oh multiple occasions I've had to ask the receiver to take a picture for me. The fabric is cute anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt I'll see pictures of the boys in their new PJ bottoms - at least I hope so.

      Delete
  5. Very cute fabrics for the sleep pants. You get so much done in a day that I might need to feed my green wolf…however I prefer to feed my JOY wolf. Thank you for all the Easter Graphics Fairy link. I adore vintage. Clouds and cold here again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pair using both fabrics would be fun, front and back different. The fabrics are fun and cheery. Thank you for the vintage spring artwork. Many melt my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right - that would be fun! Will have to keep that idea in mind for future reference.

      Delete
  7. What cute fabric for the sleep pants!!

    I copied the knitting pattern and will be making a bunting or something to hang on the trees around our home. Adding these to the projects for this month. I do have yellow and blue yarn (not the right blue but heck who cares right now). Thanks for the link.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yellow and blue are certainly colours we're seeing a lot of right now and I suspect it will continue. Sadly. There's nothing wrong with those colours but it's difficult to comprehend the reasons behind the need for their use right now.

      Delete
  8. I can totally imagine some cozy and cute sleep pants made from those fabrics. Lucky boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just crossing my fingers that they fit! It's hard to know when we haven't seen them.

      Delete
  9. I am sure your grandsons will love the sleep pants. The fabrics are a lot of fun! Great saying today! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our 5 year old loved the fabrics when I showed him on the online chat so hopefully the pants will be a hit.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.