First of all, the obsession is continuing and here are #12 and 13 of the mini-stitcheries.....
I'm really happy with Rudolph and the candy canes were a section of a larger design I found on the internet.
You likely remember the box of yarn I showed you the other day and these....
Well, that yarn, although really pretty in the ball doesn't translate very well into fact. The yarn quality is great so no problems there. BUT.....the colour changes within the ball are too close together. I had hoped to crochet a little blanket with it but it was a complete disaster and looked dreadful. So....I switched to knit and have started this....
I still don't know if I'm overly happy with it because to my eye it looks rather muddy. I'll carry on and finish the project but I suspect there might just be another one made that will look better. The pattern I'm using is yet another of my 'cobbles' - the original pattern is for a scarf but I thought it would translate into a blanket as well.
- If you are searching for possible substitutions for yarns, THIS site is invaluable.
- There are a number of printable graph papers HERE (I like the virtual one that lets you design with the computer)
- Have a peek through the galleries of THIS artist!
- I normally try not to send you to commercial sites but THIS caught my eye. I haven't seen this particular technique done in quite this way before. Be sure to scroll down to see some of her variations.
- Oh goodness, my grandma-heart did a flip when I saw THIS. I SO want to make that bunny to go along with that wonderful fabric I bought for the quilt backing that I showed you previously. I am not, however, about to pay that for the materials to make it. I can buy the pattern separately but the yarn doesn't seem to be available here.