MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 16, 2021

3 & 4

I think I'm obsessed.  As a matter of fact, I know I am.  These little cross stitcheries are so addicting, at least for me.  I was going to switch over and do something else for awhile but I can't seem to give up on these so I guess you're going to have to suffer through until I can manage to change gears.   



Again, these haven't been damp stretched yet, so please forgive the wrinkles!



AND - just to prove that I do create something other than just cross stitches, how about the fourth (and final, at least for now!) mile-a-minute afghan?  Another destined for the Christmas box.







Today's quote, from Rachel Remen....."The most basic and powerful way to connect to another person is to listen, just listen.  Perhaps the most important thing we ever give each other is our attention.  A loving silence often has far more power to heal and to connect, than the most well-intentioned words"


14 comments:

  1. Listening is so hard. Not just watching while your mind wanders, not just waiting for your turn to talk, and definitely not just looking for a gotcha opportunity. Nor a joke rejoinder. I treasure people who have developed that skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - listening IS hard. Human nature is always to 'fix' things and sometimes the only true fix is to simply be there and pay attention.

      Delete
  2. I love the red truck in your header. What a talented woman you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that red truck too - need more time so I can make more!

      Delete
  3. Neat pin chushion for pins and CLIPS!! That really is a great idea. Thanks for the linky:)))
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought you'd find that link interesting Julierose - at least I was thinking of you when I posted it.

      Delete
  4. Nice links
    The joy the holiday cross stitches have for you is a good use of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can but wish that everyone could find joy in something and for me it happens to be stitching.

      Delete
  5. I don't think it's suffering at all. Nice to see all your creative productivity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine - kind of you to say!

      Delete
  6. I'm perfectly happy watching you stitch to your heart's content. :) The newest blanket sure looks soft. And pretty, too! I like the quote. Words to remember when I'm prone to engage mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that Becki - seems like there's a general obsession happening here so until I get this lot done I suspect I won't be doing much else. There's a couple landscapes percolating in my mind whilst I stitch so they'll happen soon I hope.

      Delete
  7. More beautiful cross stitch Mary Anne and I really like the afghan. The colours are lovely. Listening is a great skill and one that not too many people acquire! Hope you are having a good week! Chrisitne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine - any week is a good week if it involves stitching!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.