MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

5, 6 & 7 and a rant

 Three more to add to the collection....


Not quite sure if you can see the steam and black smoke issuing forth from my ears from where you are, but if not, you should be able to.  Many of you know that I have had 'issues' with our postal system over the years (previous rants will attest to that)....and today they managed to reinforce their lack of brilliance once again.  I was expecting two parcels - one from Walmart and the other from Yarn Canada.  Luckily I thought to check the status online to see where/when they might be delivered.  Well, it appeared that the Walmart one had arrived so I trundled down to the lobby, expecting to find it in one of the lockboxes.  Nope.  It was sitting in the middle of the floor - for any and all to walk off with.  Not that it was that valuable (a quilt batting) but the fact remained - if I hadn't thought to check the status I wouldn't have known it was there.  And then.....and this is what REALLY set me off!.....I turned around to open our mailbox and noticed a sticker on the outside very nicely telling me that my Yarn Canada order had been taken to the pickup location for ME TO PICK UP - because - get this - we weren't home when they tried to deliver it!!!!    Ummmmm.......WE WERE HOME.  So yet again, proof positive that the postal employees simply can't be bothered making any sort of attempt to deliver anything.  For what they charge they should be delivering it to your door on a silver platter with chocolate bonbons on top for good measure.  Argh!

End of Rant # 3,347


Today's quote is from Leon Brown..."One day you will realize material things mean nothing.  All that matters is the well being of the people in your life"

16 comments:

  1. Is there a local postmaster you can have a word with? I've done this a time or two, met hot denial then mysteriously the problem stopped. They fixed the issue without admitting there was one. Fine by me. It was fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local post office is big business only - no personal contact other than with the front desk people who 'know nothing about anything' (or at least claim they don't). We have a large package supposed to be coming tomorrow - I'll be compulsively checking the web site AND our lobby because no doubt they'll do a drop and run once again.

      Delete
  2. Such lovely x-stitcheries--love the packages one especially...

    Your rant sounds very familiar to my own !! We cannot count on them at all...frequently we are going to DELIVER other people's mail that was left in our box!! aaargh--
    hugs julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes - we often get mail for people in the other buildings in our complex and have to reroute it. To say nothing about people attempting to pry our boxes open to steal the contents. Gotta love apartment buildings!

      Delete
  3. Hello Mary Anne, I don't think this is unusual with delivery companies either. We have been given a certain day of delivery, and at the end of staying home all day and no delivery, looked on the tracking system, and discover that a message from the driver saying that as we weren't home it would be delivered the following day. Interestingly we have a dog that barks at absolutely anything or anyone that comes to the door. They clearly didn't attempt to deliver, and used this as an excuse.
    That little mouse is gorgeous, and I have a friend who loves mice - I have made her two already, but perhaps another wouldn't be too much?
    Mary Anne, your stitchery is amazing - it would take me a whole lot longer to create what you have. Well done! Hugs, Val (UK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me started on the 'staying home all day waiting' thing - can't tell you how often that happens here too. To say nothing about the fact that we very rarely get mail on a Friday in the summertime and you can pretty much count on none the day before a long weekend either. Geez - I need to get some polish on my soapbox don't I!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Lovely Cross-stitches. Love the mouse and the unusual but gorgeous hoop embroidery. I tracked a small package to one State and it sat half-way for 3 weeks before it finally arrived (after asking where it was). A second larger parcel sent to a different State was said to have been delivered. This was my fault as I used an old address. The PO people there had the problem sorted and delivered in less than one day. Your Quote is Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having too much fun with the cross stitcheries, for sure. I think the post office is there just to add angst to our days.

      Delete
  5. Yep, had the not home when we were notice here as well. Really bothers me that they can't tell the truth or are just lazy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know that we're not the only ones that this is happening to.

      Delete
  6. Very frustrating. Your stitches, though, are cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I have stitching to fall back on!

      Delete
  7. Sorry about your delivery problem. Sometimes in summer, the regular worker is replaced with folks not as familiar with how things should be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens all year round here - I think they're just lazy.

      Delete
  8. Dealing with the post office can be very challenging. Those double hoop embroideries are very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Challenging, to say the least! And I agree - the double hoop thing is interesting (but don't suppose I'll be trying it for myself).

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.