MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Screeeeeeech.......

 Well, I was motoring along quite happily with the advent calendars but that came to a screeching halt when I discovered (gasp, horror!!!) that my stash let me down.  Not only did it not yield anything suitable for hangers for the little stitcheries but also nothing that would work for the background of calendar #2.  So...what's a girl to do, but let her fingers do the walking and then hurry up and wait for the mailman to make deliveries.  In the meantime I was able to do most of the background tree for one of the calendars as you can see from this very poor photo...



I used (mostly) the free pattern for the tree found HERE.  But.....the tree NEEDED a star on top so a search on the internet yielded THIS one (link goes to the PDF for several sizes).  Had to remind my brain how to paper piece and there were a couple of false starts until I got it (mostly) right.  

Today's quote is from Plato...."Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something"

14 comments:

  1. Lots of fabulous links today :) Those flowers were amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always so fun to get packages in the mail. Too bad we then get the bill! Your calendar tree looks great. Great links again today. I love Jenny of elefantz.com and have followed her for years. She is very generous with her stitching designs. Yay! We finally got a few drops of rain. The wind and lightning were horrendous for such a small amount of rain. Happy July Days Dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes packages in the mail are fun - but paying for them, not so much. Glad you got some rain!!!

      Delete
  4. I do like dolls and doll adjacent blogs and sites. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the doll links - I must admit I have a weakness for them too.

      Delete
  5. Great links Mary Anne - I hope your fabric arrives soon. Patience and dedication would be needed to make those glorious flowers.I like the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shipment 1 of the fabric has arrived so I'm able to continue on with the advents, at least until I've used this lot. Hopefully the rest will arrive in a few days.

      Delete
  6. Spending some time on the "doll" website, I found her photography almost mesmerizing. I need to practice photography skills. Good quote. Going to keep my mouth shut and ponder that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have mad photography skills doesn't she - I need a lot more practice to even come close.

      Delete
  7. You've given me something new to follow - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found something of interest!

      Delete
  8. Hope your post arrives very soon Mary Anne, so that you can get back on track! Those fabrics flowers are just stunning but I am guessing that a lot of patience is required! Lovely to look at! Hope all is well! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's arrived and I'm back working on the advents. They're a lot more work than I ever anticipated!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.