MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 12, 2021

A hug - of sorts

 In the comments on my last post Becki mentioned that she didn't know about safety joints such as I use in my bears so thought I'd show a picture...

The back of the picture shows how they go together....the part with the post goes in the arm (or leg) and the mid-sized circle is a washer....the small circle clamps the entire thing together.  

And here is the result of much trial and error....



Here's a recipe we tried over the weekend, adapted
from one found on WellPlated.com

MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD

¼ c. fine diced red onion       
1 can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
¾ c. chopped fresh parsley
½  EACH Red, orange & green peppers, chopped
¼ large cucumber, chopped (1 c)
1 c. crumbled feta cheese

DRESSING:
1 ½ T. olive oil                1 ½ T. red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced  ¾ tsp. dried oregano
½ tsp. kosher salt         ¼ tsp. pepper

    Soak onions in bowl of cool water while
prepping the remainder.  Combine all and refrigerate.


Today's quote..."Teddy bears don't need hearts because they are already stuffed with love"

22 comments:

  1. Your Onesie Bears turned out super cute. Such an Heirloom Treasure you have created dear. I have followed Mr. Finch for many years and adore his magical creations. My regret is that I didn’t buy one of his embroidered linen butterflies when they were available. What a perfect quote you have for your Teddy Bears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bears turned out okay, but it certainly took a lot of trial and error to get them to this point. Hopefully the boys will like them. I've been aware of Mr. Finch but haven't made a point of following him and obviously have missed a lot.

      Delete
  2. Leaf prints are a lot of fun to make. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the thought of using drop cloths because they're really cheap. Recycling some pillow forms would be ideal too.

      Delete
  3. Love the handy organizer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - might have to succumb to making one at some point.

      Delete
  4. The bears are adorable. And the sleepers fit them perfectly! How cute. And thanks for the pictures of the safety joints. Seeing them, they make total sense to me. LOVE the quote! :) That would make a cute tag when you gift them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late for the tag idea - they've been shipped already. It was a whole lot of trial and error (mostly the latter) and a couple of time outs to get them to the finish line. Glad you were able to figure out how the joints work.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It's true - they ARE stuffed with love!

      Delete
  6. I also love the teddy bear quote, but for all those sweet stuffed critters I have known, they all had hearts as big as all outdoors! Maybe that is because they really were stuffed with love. It looks as though your dear ones are almost ready for someone to snuggle with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're on their long journey across the country as we speak, snuggled together for company. They should arrive on Monday if all goes well. And yes, they definitely were stuffed with love.

      Delete
  7. I knew you would recreate those bears beautifully. The feet make me think of Yoda. I hope you will be able to see the boys open the parcel. My son gathered leaves on Xmas eve to stamp on a white linen cloth. It's been used much during 30 + years and still not faded. I have a Mr. Finch book and love it. I've saved the chef's recipe- looks good! Love the bear quote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just happy those bears are done and are in the mail. I wasn't aware that Mr. Finch had a book(s) - must check the library to see if they happen to have a copy.

      Delete
  8. That's the organizer I made with Japanese fabrics last year. Well worth making. I copied the salad recipe as it looks delicious. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Those bears turned out so cute!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully our little guys will think they're cute too - you never know with kids!

      Delete
  10. That recipe sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we've eaten it all but I'm hopeful Resident Chef will soon do a repeat!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.