MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 05, 2021

Phew - sez you!


You, no doubt, will be more than happy (ecstatic even!) to know that I'm down to the final two little cross stitcheries I need to make for the advent calendars and hopefully will finish them this week.  
These are the ones I completed over the weekend (sorry about the picture quality!!!)

And....the mailman delivered an envie of inspiration as you can see from this pile of fabrics.  Two of  them will become the backs of the advent calendars and the others...perhaps fodder in a landscape at some point.  (oops, didn't realize there was a shadow in photo - sorry!)


AND....another little thing I cobbled together is this....

I have some leftover Velvet yarn and thought it might make a fun little 'fidget' thingie for someone having some small issues with dementia.  Crocheted and mostly made up as I went along...measures about 6" and is SOOOOOO soft.  

Today's quote is from Benny Bellamacina (and I apologize for it)...."Christmas comes but once a year, starts in August, ends in July".  For me it starts in January, but I'm a rebel.  

18 comments:

  1. I can't get over how quickly you get these stitched up. So much cuteness. Love your Christmas fabrics. I look forward to seeing what all those become. :) The dementia fidgit - what a great idea! And perfect yarn for it, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These don't take that long to stitch because they only measure about 2"...good thing, when I had 48 to do! Now I have to putz with how I'm going to put them together AND create the wallhanging. And yes, the yarn I used for the 'thingie' is perfect because it's so soft. I don't know if my friend will like it but I had fun making it.

      Delete
  2. So close to the Cross stitch finish. I'm confident you'll find something else to create then. Fabulous embroidery from Russia.
    The finger fidget would be sooo nice for hands that like to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I'll find something else to work on - the list is long!

      Delete
  3. These stitch projects seem to be clicking along fast. They're very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz - I'm happy with them. Hadn't realized how much I missed being able to see to do cross stitch until I was able to start these.

      Delete
  4. your calendars are going to be soo pretty! Love the fabrics in the mail :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. I'm hoping the calendars will work out. I know what I'm thinking will happen but who knows how it will translate into the doing!

      Delete
  5. Last post, who knew a bowl could do some much damage...poor toes. Delicious oatmeal though...I make mine similar and jokingly call it gourmet oatmeal. I love seeing these little stitcheries and don't tire of them. A great accomplishment. Thanks for the links as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a bowl of oatmeal vs toes equals a very big ouch. Glad you enjoy seeing the stitcheries.

      Delete
  6. Ive enjoyed seeing your calendar lie pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I've certainly had fun making them too.

      Delete
  7. I will miss seeing your many adorable little stitcheries. Cute fabrics for your backings and landscapes. The Dinosaur eggs are amazing and beautiful. Fabulous tea cup stitcheries too. I always enjoy your links and I am grateful you find and share them. Christmas does seem to be an all year event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't seen the last of the stitcheries quite yet. I have a couple more projects in mind, although not quite as involved as these were. Glad you enjoy the links!

      Delete
  8. Christmas in July! I should buy myself a present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it!!! At least that way you're sure to get what you want (and no being good for Santa either!)

      Delete
  9. Such sweet finished stitches and great Christmas fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.