MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Just a bit more


There has been a bit of progress on the second quilt block as you can see from this photo...


If you look closely you can see the
template I'm using for one of the
seams.



- And this is an idea I did this morning - if you have grandkids how about checking out the myriad of free coloring pages available on the internet?   I printed out a couple of Easter-themed ones and put them in an envelope to mail to my grandsons, along with a short letter.  Remember to NOT seal the envelope with saliva and use tape instead!  We maybe can't see them right now, but I know they get excited when something comes in the mail.

Today's quote..."The best thing to hold onto in life is each other" (practicing social distance of course, but you can certainly hug your housemates and give each other emotional support.  Holding on via distance can be phone calls, emails, letters and online chats).
Stay safe.  Stay well.

18 comments:

  1. It's physical distancing and social closeness. I'm hearing from people I haven't heard from in ages. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Physical distancing and social closeness - good words Liz!

      Delete
  2. Looks good.
    Link to magazine bowls, patience for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of the magazine bowls but methinks making them would be a lesson in frustration for me!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty stitching on it--oh yes, now I SEE it;)))
    I have a set of those templates--I LOVE them..
    still haven't gotten to my next set of blocks..
    I put them away too well--now where are they??? Yikes--talk about a brain drain...
    ~ ~ ~ stay vigilant Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The templates are great - I use them all the time too. Hope you find your blocks!

      Delete
  4. You're inspiring me to do some CQ as I'm starting to go stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose there are certainly worse things I could be inspiring you to do!

      Delete
  5. This is pretty 'crazy' stitching, Mary Anne. Such a fabulous idea about sending your sweet grandson some colouring in pages. One licks the envelope without thinking, doesn't one. All those little things we have to think about now. Love those Red Poppies....quite incredible! Sending you a hug, lovely Mary Anne, from way, way down at the bottom of the world. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really had to restrain myself from licking those envelopes - funny how it's such a habit. Not a good idea in these times though. I love those red poppies too - they're one of my very favourite flowers. And hugs right back Kim.

      Delete
  6. I love your use of the templates, MA. Nice combinations and overall so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The templates are fun to work with and I enjoy the challenge of using them in different ways, plus trying to combine both sets too.

      Delete
  7. NOW the fabric colors look green. I was on my laptop when viewing your earlier post. On my larger monitor the colors are more obviously shades of green. Those stained glass Easter Eggs would be great to do with my elderly friend (who has dementia). Only I can't see her right now during this physical distancing. :( Saving that for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could see the real colours - odd that there would be that much difference though. Definitely good to stay away from your friend right now - the seniors are so vulnerable. Stay safe!

      Delete
  8. Your detail work is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been years since I did any crazy quilt stitching. Yours is very nice. Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy - crazy quilting has been a love of mine for a long time so it's fun for me.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.