As you can see there's been some more progress on the latest block...
I would have been able to finish it yesterday except for the fact that I did a little side trip and made some face masks for my chiropractor (who also happens to be a friend). He is trying really hard to keep his office open for those with acute-needs but he's working with no protection, for either him or for his patients. I made him half a dozen masks and he was very grateful and asked if I could manage to make him more so that he could have them in the office for patients to use so I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few days. Luckily there's a washer/dryer in the office so they can be washed after each use.
Altho' I do try to keep this blog away from dwelling on the current situation, I thought perhaps I would share something that might be useful for those of you who are unable to find disposable gloves. My friend came across an idea and shared with me and now I'm sharing with you - go to your local pet food store and buy a large package of dog poop bags and use those on your hands. Yes, it might look a little silly, but who cares as long as they work! I got a package of 300 yesterday for about $16. Hey, maybe we'll start a new trend? Poop Couture!
- There's a cute knitted teddy bear pattern HERE. And also HERE. And another one HERE (altho' I understand the yarn they used is no longer available I don't see why any soft chenille-type yarn wouldn't work just as well).
- THIS caught my eye - perhaps it might help a little girl who really loves her Barbies.
- THIS Pinterest board is filled with amazingly colorful quilts...fun to see. (be sure to scroll down)
- THIS is a cute coaster pattern - good for scrap yarns. Some of these created in brightly colored yarn would look really nice hanging in a window.
- Have a look through the galleries of THIS amazing artist.
- I really enjoyed seeing (and reading about) THIS. I know it's dated 2012, but it's still pretty cool to see!
Today's quote..."Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that all will work out for the best"
Stay safe, stay well.