I think if you click on the picture it will embiggen enough for you to see the barnyard gate I finally created. Took me a lot of navel contemplation to finally decide on what to do. Took some bubble, bubble, toil and trouble in the cauldron in the kitchen to brew up the proper colour of paint to then immerse two different weights of cord into. Once that dried it was stitched into place and then highlighted with more paint to make it (hopefully?) look rusty and aged. There's also been some more paint applied here and there to create more shadows and highlights. Now....to quilt!! I won't be finishing it into a wall hanging this time because my customer wants to get it framed.
- Here's one for the quilters - if you are contemplating making a quilt for a man, how about THIS one (there's a clickable link there for the PDF pattern)...the red plaid is pretty cool!
- And another quilt - THIS one is for the Star Wars fan!
- For the crocheters - there's a beautiful afghan pattern HERE. If you scroll down you will find links to the individual blocks. Also go HERE to see it in different colourways.
- There's a tutorial HERE for a really practical zippered pouch (stash buster perhaps?)
- For those of you with little ones to entertain over the summer holidays, perhaps some of the Lego ideas HERE might be fun for them to do.
- There are some really nice printable bookmarks available HERE.
Today I have another quote from Winnie The Pooh... 'A hug,' said Pooh 'is always the right size!'