There's not much happening on the creative side of things here at Chez Magpie. It's hot. Hot. Hot. My little sewing room doesn't have air conditioning so I have to rely on a ceiling fan and a portable fan which is okay most of the time but when it gets this hot even they don't stand a chance. Fortunately we have a portable a/c unit in the living room so there's one room that's relatively cool.
So.....instead of progress on my latest barn, I'll show you what part I'll be working on next. This will require a ton of ironing (and there's no way I'm standing over a hot iron in a hot room at the moment).
All those different strips of different colours represent boards that are in the barn....each one will be cut from fabric and then pressed into place....with (hopefully) careful attention as to how they're woven together. It's the most intricate depiction I've tried to do so far so it could either work....or not....
- Have a peek at the absolutely amazing embroidery done by THIS artist!
- And the work of THIS artist too!
- I may have sent you to THIS link before (sorry if I can't always remember because I've done so many!!) but it's one of those handy little cheapie tools that can make your life SO much easier!
- THIS is definitely a beautiful crochet project - and would hold your interest throughout I think. And have a look HERE to see some amazing colourways for the project.
- THIS would be fun to make for a young person in your life - lots of play value!
- I need a summer housecoat. Mine is a heavy velour and it's h-o-t and I NEED a cooler version. Stumbled across THIS and now I'm on the search for a pretty sheet so I can make one too! I think, even with my limited clothing sewing abilities, that I could manage it.
Today your quote is from Winston Churchill..."Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak. Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen"