MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Making choices




Now I can happily start choosing my fabrics for my 'Courtship' project.  Oh - and did I mention that I decided on a hexagon format?


  
Above you can see just some of the chaos I've created!! The pulling of fabrics has begun and I currently have seven piles similar to this, each one possibilities for a block.  You can see in the photo the colour swatch printout that I'm using.  Oh, and please excuse the mess behind!!

A good side effect of all this fondling of fabrics is that I'm actually tidying my storage drawers as I go along.  At least they'll look nice until I need something and it'll be back to the usual messy state!


Today, wonder of wonders, I don't have any mumblings for you.  I know - will wonders never cease?  

Your quote of the day is from Audrey Hepburn...."Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"



7 comments:

  1. Hexagons...ooh....sounds wonderful....can't wait to see the beginning of this wonderful pretty. Fondling pretty fabrics, searching for the right fabrics, is what makes for a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colors are beautiful and just the right softness for Harrison Fisher's images. Hexagons...I will need to see a block since I am so new to CQ and I don't quilt. Terrific Thursday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour palette you are working to Mary Anne and I really like the sound of the hexagon block shape too. Nice that the spin off is a tidier fabric stash! Can't wait to see this project progressing! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hex shapes. Thanks for posting Mary Ann's color scheme link. It's a new one to me. The colors you chose for your project as so soft and pretty. Perfection.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice colour palette. I love hexi's. This is gonna be fun to watch you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive often wondered how folks got the colour palette boxes from pictures!
    Your a font of wisdom woman!!
    And of course hexis rule!
    Crazy romantic hexis even more so lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, creating chaos. I have a qualification in that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.