Here is the first seam I completed on block 2 of my courtship project...
And here is the chart for how I did it...
Cross stitches & straight stitches (black, green & blue) and a modified chevron stitch (pink).
- THIS is not a free pattern but I simply had to show you because I can't imagine trying to knit anything this small and complicated, just for a pair of socks!!
- THIS looks like a very nice hat - and I like the yarn weight it calls for. Nice and warm!
- There's an interesting tutorial HERE for creating a knitted picot cast on and HERE's how to do the same thing when casting off.
- For the crocheters, HERE's a nice granny square heart pattern.
- There's a nice bag pattern HERE - lots of uses for this one.
- I found an interesting article in a magazine about making something called 'twiddle muffs' for patients with Alzheimer's and dementia. I love this and think it would be an amazing way to use up part balls of yarn and any bits and bobs you have in your stash. I'm sure your local nursing homes would be glad to receive donations. Go HERE to read more.
Today your quote is from anonymous, and I hope you find it amusing...."Winter (noun)...the three month break between a woman and her razor"