- the lying of a queen-sized sheet on the living room floor (the only place in this apartment there is space for such an endeavor).
- the opening of three large-ish bags of white 'bits' of fabrics/vintage pieces/doilies etc. and tossing the pieces in the general direction of the floored sheet
- much crawling about on said floor arranging and most probably re-arranging all the bits and even more crawling about pinning things down (hopefully not to the carpet!)
- hauling the lot to the sewing machine and sewing down, using one of my 'fancy' stitches
- a visit to the chiropractor to re-align my knees
- standing back and deciding whether I've created something worthwhile, or something that looks like critter barf
The Plot Thickens!!
Another in the ancestor series.
I have no idea who this couple is unfortunately.
Here's another of the autograph book pieces, dated July 17, 1938...
You'll find there's nothing sweeter
Clear to the journey's end
Than one who understands you
A good and faithful friend
So here's the whole thing in a line
I'm glad I'm yours and you are mine