MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Lace knitting

If anyone had ever said that I would attempt to knit any form of lace, I would have scoffed and say no way, never, not gonna happen.  Well, never say never...



Above you can see Mr. Bird modeling a lace knitted scarf that I actually completed.  I won't mention the fact that there are a few teeny-tiny mistakes that hopefully won't be noticed.

Here's a close up of the pattern...

 



6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty pattern! Love it! I have a whole list of lace patterns I want to knit....you know.....in my spare time...?..!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never knit lace either. You have done a beautiful job with nary a mistake to be seen.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I could no more follow a pattern for that length than I could jog a mile!!
    It looks lovely, soft and airy gentle......nice one lass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just beautiful - just like everything else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your knitted lace piece is beautiful. I don't knit but there is some crochet lace on my 'wanna do some day' bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.