MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Another good mail day!


Look what arrived today!!

I preordered this book the minute I heard it was on the horizon and I'm so glad I did!  127 pages of drool-worthy crazy quilting done by one of my favourite artists...Allison Aller.  There are seven projects and some of the techniques include stenciling, photo-transfer and Angelina fibre effects.  Allison is a master at creating dimensional embellishments for her work and there are some excellent pointers in the book, along with tons of eye candy.  Allison definitely has a modern twist on crazy quilting but still shows the influence of the more traditional types too.  Great job Allie - love it!!  You can visit Allie at her blog alliesinstitches.blogspot.com

Specs:  'Allie Aller's Crazy Quilting' by Allison Aller, published by C & T Publishing, c 2011,  ISBN 978-1-60705-173-2

5 comments:

  1. What fun...I love mail...and this is a treasure..enjoy my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're building quite a library there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although crazy quilting is not a big interest of mine, your enthusiasm is so catching that I'm now in danger...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is on my Wish List! I just ordered Pats magazine so hopefully, I can get Allie's book next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for mine to arrive. When I heard it was out I ordered it from Amazon along with another one and can't wait for them to arrive. I got a notice they shipped. I also ordered Pat winter's new mag and am waiting for that. I will never get anything done if all I do is sit and drool over all the pretties.

    Between the books and thesomerset mags I hate to think what I spend a year on them but it keeps me sane. cheaper then a therapist - or so I tell the other half.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.