MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two things....

1.  Tami of Lemon Tree Tales has two posts up on her blog showing some of the art dolls on display at the Petaluma Art of the Doll Exhibit.  Go here and be sure to scroll down to see both posts.

and

2. I've seen this a few times now on various blogs I read and I decided to explore more thoroughly.




The Butterfly Project,
hosted by the Holocaust Museum in Houston, Texas

The museum is planning an exhibition to be held in the spring of 2013 to honour the 1,500,000 (yes, you read that right) innocent children who perished in the Holocaust.  They are hoping to collect 1.5 million handmade butterflies for the exhibition.  More information can be found here, along with how you can donate one (or as many as you'd like).  I simply cannot get my head around that many children losing their lives and I think this is a fantastic way to help to remember them.  Won't you consider joining in?

7 comments:

arlee said...

you just jolted my memory--i've been working on a couple and had actually forgotten where they are--gotta find em! A more than worthy project

dogonart said...

The Butterfly project is a great idea. I'll be joining in. The thought of all those children leaves me with an awful sinking feeling but I believe the idea of remembering them in this way is good.

kaite said...

thanks for the heads-up re the butterflies, i'll go take a look...k.

Susan said...

Thanks for the info...very cool website. Susan

MosaicMagpie said...

Sister Magpie,
Way to go and spread the word!
Debbie

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

it's lovely to see the word on the The Butterfly Effect spreading!
oxo

Sharne's Bit 'n' Bobs said...

I have made my butterfly and another in the making. I hope to post them off next week.