MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another recycled denim jacket....done!!

This one is for moi - unless of course somebody really wants to buy it, in which case I can always make myself another one.  I used up some of the scraps from the first black one I made a few weeks ago and used red accents (simply because I happen to like wearing red).  Jack took the photos of me modeling (hah!!!) it.  His photo taking abilities just about equal my modeling abilities so we make a good pair. Here it is...



AND.....

I'm taking part in another Art Doll Coolaberation!!  I'm so excited and can't wait to begin playing with all the dolls.  We all had so much fun last year and I must admit I was probably one of the ones that pleaded (pled? begged?  whined?)  the loudest to have another go!  My doll is pretty much ready and I'll be showing pictures later - once I finish working on the journal start.  

12 comments:

  1. Jacket turned out GREAT! I still cannot fathom doing one of those....you have my admiration. Seriously.
    Have fun with the second doll!!! :)

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00 PM

    I love your jackets they must so much fun to make going to have to try this as I love Denim to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute, I can just see you at the farmers market in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the touches of red on this .... makes the jacket just pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your jackets are beautiful, and i especially love this one with the red highlights. Was the last black one greatly appreciated? kaite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red accents on the jacket. I'm looking forward to another set of dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful on you! I like that you put the red just for you :)

    Can't wait to see how your doll progresses, sounds like so much fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good MA and I think that you are a great model but then I have to wear glasses all the time. ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's great. Is it lined? Don't have the patience to make clothes any more myself! And now you're on to dolls! What else do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i love that with the zipper! and not boxy--beautiful! i'm really thinking of doing one now--but with frayed edges and hand stitch :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great in that jacket and Jack didn't do bad. I am certainly no better.

    I can imagine how excited you are about another doll journey. Scares me silly to think about making one like you gals do.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shirley5:24 PM

    Do you use a pattern for this jacket? Id love to know how to make one.Please respond by email to grizzlie@cot.net thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.