MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 14, 2026

Another section

 Lots of hours went into working on the Christmas tree but I was happy to use up some 'stuff' that had been lurking in my stash for far too long.  I did go and buy the red bead trim though...and there's lots left over so I guess, in the grand scheme of things, I haven't gained anything.



- I would love THIS if it happened to come my way, but I don't think I'll try making it myself (scroll down to see the completed project).

- THIS little fellow is definitely awww-worthy.

- THIS takes you to a pdf of a really cute pumpkin themed pillow (or could be used as a quilt block).  And THIS is a really cute project too!

- HERE is another project you might like to try before the leaves are all gone for the year.

Today's quote..."When we understand that each day isn't one more day, but one less, we'll start giving more value to the things that truly matter"






20 comments:

  1. ooo!!! you can hang the garland on my tree any time - i always mess it up

    p.s. - those bows were a very wise investment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah - it's a whole lot easier to do garland on a little tree than it is on the real thing. I always mess it up too, so finally gave up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was fun to use up some of my stash for the 'ornaments' on the tree.

      Delete
  4. What a pretty decorated tree! Love that sewing kit organizer, I don't think I have patience to make one! Cute fall pillow. Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that organizer, but not going to make one either.

      Delete
  5. Hello MA: Your tree is lovely, working with stash is y kind of craft. Thank-you for the links, the bird is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try my best to use from my stash but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Christmas tree. The gifts make it shine.
    May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The working title for this one is 'Him and Me VIII - Waiting For Santa' so I guess it needed gifts.

      Delete
  7. What a pretty tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that I was able to use up some of my sequin collection.

      Delete
  8. Oh my, I can just imagine sitting beside that tree and opening gifts. You did an amazing job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie - it was fun working on it, for sure.

      Delete
  9. Are those little sequins sewn on the tree? That turned out really nice. I imagine you'll find more uses for the pretty red bead trim. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're all sewn on. I don't use glue unless I absolutely have to.

      Delete
  10. Love the addition of the red beaded swags;)00 Looks like blogger problems are happening throughout our "blog-o-sphere"...hoping they find a "fix" soon...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems that most people are having some sort of issue with blogs...at least we know we're not alone!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful Christmas 🎄 tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.