MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Permission to play

 Ok folks, the RC and I are heading out tomorrow for a road trip to visit  our #1 son and his family so I will be MIA for about a week.  Feel free to party amongst yourselves!  I won't have access to a computer or internet while I'm gone.


- At the risk of being tarred and feathered, I thought I'd share THIS great way to use some of that broken costume jewelry we have stuck in a drawer somewhere.  Another of her great projects is THIS one (and now I want one of those trees!!).   And I know I sent you to THIS last year, but it bears repeating.

- Have a peek at THESE!

- Some things just make me laugh and THIS is one of them (I know it's a paid pattern, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it too).

- THIS takes you to part one of a six-part series focusing on creating a fabric collage.  Wish my stash would yield the 'fodder' to attempt this!  While you're there, be sure to check out her galleries of work!





10 comments:

  1. ha ha ha - my family is (at least) six generations of hookers - starting with my grandma (who probably learned from her mother?) and now my grandchildren (including oldest grandSON)

    have a great time and safe journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My maternal grandma crocheted and knitted lace, but my mother was a tatter. I learned the basics of crochet from my aunt but am mostly self-taught. I taught myself to knit too, and no doubt have all sorts of bad habits.

      Delete
  2. Safe travels! Enjoy the time away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your trip, and bring us news when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz - looking forward to seeing our family, for sure.

      Delete
  4. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Can't wait to see our family - it's been a year.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your time, dear friend. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just about ready to head out the door.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.