MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, September 07, 2026

And so, it begins (again)

 Here's the beginning of another landscape (my 83rd, believe it or not!!)...


There were altogether too many hours spent quilting the 'wall' and 'floor' but at least now the fun stuff starts happening.  I was quite proud of myself that I figured out how to add 'glass' to the window (a piece of a sheet protector to be exact).  

-If you've never made a junk journal, perhaps THIS tutorial will set you up for success.

- THIS is a somewhat different design for a tote bag.

- THESE made me smile.

Today's quote is from Martin Luther King Jr...."The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".



12 comments:

  1. Oh, this one is going to be fun. I checked out the junk journal link, and I just don't get it. What is the purpose of this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lots of people have fun making junk journals and I think that's just it - they're fun to make and use up bits of things that would normally get tossed. I know some people leave spaces and pockets in them so they can add notes later on - perhaps quotes or whatever strikes their fancy.

      Delete
  2. I really love this! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's only the beginning you're seeing!

      Delete
  3. It's interesting to see the very start of a piece. Usually you're pretty much into it before we get a look. I see you're firmly into winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems a natural progression to have Him and Me, after being to the Christmas tree farm, in their living room with their decorated tree.

      Delete
  4. Oh good. I'm glad to be getting in on this latest landscape at the beginning. It looks like it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fun so far and I've used up a few things from my stash so it's a win/win.

      Delete
  5. 83?!! Wow! you're a "sewing" machine!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a terrific idea on how to make glass windows. I love all your landscape pictures.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie. Just have to remember not to touch the iron to the 'glass' or it will melt.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.