MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 10, 2021

A frustrating finish!

 It took me awhile but I finally almost finished the latest landscape called 'Ghostly Memories', inspired once again by a photograph kindly shared by Dale Stewart.  When I saw his photo of the 'Our Lady of Mount Carmel' church in Raymore, Saskatchewan I immediately was inspired to try to create it as a ghostly image.  Not exactly sure how successful I was but I certainly had a blast working on it.  Now, having said that, I'm late posting today because everything I have attempted to do has been accompanied by frustration.  This still isn't finished and at the moment is adamantly refusing to lie flat.  Never had that happen before so I know there will be some more stitching to try to wrestle it into submission.  In the meantime you can get the general idea for now and I'll post another 'Finished Finish' later on.

NEWS FLASH!

We interrupt the current dose of mumblings for a news flash!  Due to circumstances beyond your not-so-savvy writer's control (and no doubt there's a degree of stupidity involved) today there will be no pictures of finished objects - unfinished objects - or much of anything else.  Camera doesn't want to talk to the computer.....computer doesn't want to talk to the camera.....both are throwing hissy fits of grande proportions.  Your intrepid correspondent has been seen joining in with the general hissiness of the entire thing.  

And....it's not even Friday the 13th OR a full moon!


Today's quote is from R. H. Swaney..."I wish we could talk about our hearts like we talk about the weather, because whether or not we are okay is more important than the chance of rain"



20 comments:

  1. Arghg tech is lovely when it works. And the divil's in it when it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have certainly been be-diviled today!!! Not only with technology but also with my stitching efforts.

      Delete
  2. Oh, when I clicked on your post I was all excited in seeing the finished photos of your Ghostly Memories; but I can wait. =) Darn technology!! It couldn't be the intrepid correspondent's fault; it just couldn't! Hopefully Ghostly Memories will fill my computer screen very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing you can wait because it appears you're going to have to! There was a certain degree of reverse sewing that has happened and more to come tomorrow....then I'll have a re-do and see if I can fix the part I'm not happy with.

      Delete
  3. I thought the church looked familiar is some strange way. We have visited the church in Raymore numerous times.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know it's at least somewhat recognizable!

      Delete
  4. Just when you need a chuckle! Not about your calamities, but the icon of 'granny' pounding the computer. That's a hoot.
    I liked the needle minders links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when I saw that granny I thought it was quite fitting for the day I've had. She did make me smile so that's a good thing!

      Delete
  5. Will look forward to seeing the 'finish' in due course! Hopefully another day will bring success. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the moment I'm having a rippin' good time.

      Delete
  6. Oh Dear…frustrating to say the least. Technology items certainly do have minds of their own and sometimes just have to mess with our minds. I do hope they have resolved their differences by now and you are able to proceed. Great links…thank you. Wow to the quote…our hearts and well-being certainly are more important than if it will rain which we have no control over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One wonders what happens to make technology have a hiccup and then go back to being right....guess it has off days just like we do!

      Delete
  7. The sky adds drama. Very nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. You astound me. I can't believe how beautiful this is! Thanks for sharing the links as always - that little magnetic needle minder . . . genius! A great little gift and way to use up scraps! Have a wonderful Christmas - can't believe it's almost here. Again. Don't we say that EVERY year though?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I think you're referring to the church in my header though? The ghost church I'm working on right now is a different one.
      And yes, it seems Christmas comes faster every year.

      Delete
  9. Getting back to visiting blogs, I'm so glad I didn't miss the finish of this latest landscape quilt! I have every confidence in you that you'll wrestle the quilt into submission, and maybe if you sweet talk your camera and computer, they'll get over themselves and stop fighting. Or boxing gloves sounds like a good solution, too. Technology can be a bear sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Becki - glad you're back! The landscape still isn't finished but it's showing more promise than it did so there's hope. Still don't know why it was giving me fits. As for the camera/computer I think it might have been due to the extremely windy weather we were having. At least it seems plausible...right? Couldn't possibly be anything I was doing!!

      Delete
  10. I rely on my cell phone camera so much these days for posting to my blog and IG and I just get so frustrated when something doesn't work as expected. Sometimes it's the application and sometimes it's the updates to the cell phone. You almost have to be a genius these days to get them to talk to one another. Good luck. And thanks for these links. I've bookmarked a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genius-ness escaped being part of my makeup so it's more by good luck then anything if I manage to figure things out.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.