Remember that new fabric stash enhancement from a week or so ago? Part of the plan for some of it was to make this for a birthday gift...
It's a bit hard to tell in this photo but there's a flap that covers up the brushes and helps to hold them in place...theoretically anyway! The inside is lined with that waxed fabric I bought. First time I've used it so we'll see how well it wears. Hopefully it will be somewhat wipeable should the need arise. The pattern is 'Roll-Up Organizer' by Tim Holtz for Coats and can be found HERE.
And this mess is me trying to come up with a prototype design for a new project. Certainly gives me a great appreciation for pattern designers because it's definitely a challenge!
Stay tuned to see if it ends up being a success or another of those things destined for the 'file' beneath my desk!
- THIS is one of those things that's wow-worthy!
- Have a look through the gallery of THIS artist.
- If you're interested in making a temperature blanket (or if you don't know what they are!), there's a great article with lots of tips HERE. I've often thought of making one and then I remember that I would have to buy yarn AND that I have the attention span of a gnat so it wouldn't be such a great plan.
- Because fall is just around the corner (at least here in this part of the world) maybe you'd like to make one of THESE.
- THIS is rather pretty too.
Today the quote is for those of you who garden and is from Ralph Waldo Emerson..."What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered"