Yes, I know - you never know what you're going to find when you pay a visit here at Chez Magpie! This time I had one of those pesky squirrel moments and went off on a tangent in another direction. Some of you might remember me posting photos of some crazy quilt blocks I had pieced awhile ago with the thought in mind of embroidering them in a triadic colour scheme.
Well, that project got set aside in favour of things far more interesting at the time. Now I find my sight (cataracts growing) is getting worse and being able to see to embroider is getting more difficult. So....I wondered why it was cast in stone that they had to be embroidered by hand. Why couldn't I use the machine instead? After all, the use I had for them was simply for a throw for the foot of our bed and was meant to be a utility piece. So....I scoured my thread stash and came up with threads that still fit with my original triadic colour scheme, chose a simple stitch on my machine that reminded me of feather stitch and tah dah! This is the completed flimsy now awaiting the arrival of a twin-sized sheet to use for the backing.
and a close up of the stitching...
- Sometimes I come across something that just makes me laugh and THIS is one of those things. Can you imagine what little kids would think about these on Halloween?
- And then I came across something that made me say 'awwww'....HERE.
- There are a number of nice crochet ripple afghan designs available at the links found HERE.
- THESE are cute and would be wonderful for both little ones AND adults, particularly those in the health care field!
- If you need to add some 'writing' to your embroidery projects, perhaps THIS tutorial would be of interest.
I think this quote is rather fitting for today.."I've reached the age where my train of thought often leaves the station without me"