Baby, it's cold outside! It was -19C when we went out for a few minutes this morning and they're saying the wind chill is making it closer to -30C. Supposed to be a big snow storm due to start mid to late afternoon, just to make it even more fun. So...because it's this cold....I've been working on some more mittens made from recycled sweaters...
Each pair of mittens required three different sweaters as well as a wide strip of ribbing for the cuffs, plus they're lined with either fleece or velour (thanks be to recycled housecoats!!). I can usually get three pairs of mittens from each sweater, depending on the size of the sweater and how I cut them. The hardest part is finding the wide ribbing for the cuffs. So...twelve pairs of warm mittens....done!
- THIS is a rather interesting process. Not sure I would ever attempt it, but the results are fun.
- THESE are for inspiration only, but there are some great ideas!
- Cute little notions bag tutorial HERE.
- If you have bits of yarn in your stash, perhaps THIS pattern might be just what you're searching for to use it up.
- I don't think I've ever noticed anything that was particularly for Groundhog Day, but I have to admit that THIS made me laugh....almost too cute to eat!
- THIS is a handy little tip for those of us who use paint. I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds as though it would work well.
Today the quote is from Mark Twain..."Shut the door - not that it lets in the cold but that it lets out the coziness"