This afternoon I had a bit of time to sew and I finished making a tote bag that will be added to the Christmas gifting cupboard....
This one should be titled 'Comedy of Errors Bag' because I managed to flub up the pattern royally and had to do some creative fixing to make it work. I had the orange fabric in my stash and also had the 'crown-thingie' lurking in there too. It's something that I've held onto waiting for the right moment to use it. The denim was from a lovely big piece of yardage I found at the thrift store. My idea of a great gift!
Pattern, if you want to have a go at it (and are better at following directions than I am!!) is the 'Quilted Tote Bag' from HERE.
- THIS is a fairly nice baby blanket, but what caught my eye is the border.
- THIS is a different method for turning fabric tubes. I haven't tried it, but if I do I think I would be tempted to try using dental floss which isn't as apt to break.
- Many of you know that I have a very large collection of buttons so perhaps I should try to make one of THESE.
- I'm sure most of you have probably heard of the 'One Year of Stitches' challenge. I came across THIS that not only explains the challenge but shows a pretty incredible stitched example.
- If you are dreaming of some pretty new knobs for any reason, have a look at the fun tutorial found HERE (be sure to scroll down to get the tute).
Today your quote is a 'funny'....
If you know who did the drawing, please let me know so I can give proper credit!