MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

As our mothers said....

....waste not, want not.  And in that vein, you might remember my latest barn project and how I wasn't pleased with the grass area that I had originally created.  So....I lobbed it off!  Then I was left with the  part I got rid of.

So.....I made it into postcards!




- HERE's a rather nice scarf pattern that looks easy to do!  And HERE is a really nice masculine one.  And THIS is a pretty shawl pattern.

- Have a peek at the amazing thread work THIS artist creates!

- If you would like to make fabric books ( or already do) Sharon B has started a facebook group and you can find out more HERE.

Today your quote is from an anonymous source...."Surround yourself with people you love being yourself with"

6 comments:

Boud said...

An artist after my own heart!! I wondered what would become of the grassy bits. They look lovely.

Renee said...

You put that fabric to great use! These are wonderful. :)

Cathy said...

You are the Queen of "Waste not, want not"! As I recall, you were the one who gave me the idea to use an old denim quilt UFO as kennel quilts. So I'm not surprised that your resourceful self found a use for the "grass clippings"!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love those postcards!
xx, Carol

Quinn said...

The postcards are a Win-Win-Win! I especially love the left and lower ones because now they look like underwater-scapes to me - magic! :)

karen said...

''lobbed it off''....lol. that made me laugh :) definitely waste not want not. I never throw anything away.