MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Final fillers for Block 4


Each block will have a rose, a heart, 
and a word reflecting courtship.




Mumblings of the day...

- THIS is a sweet little pillow cover - not sure if I like it because it reminds me of spring or if the prairie points are 'the thing'.  Today it's bitterly cold and windy here - a marked contrast to the few days of spring-like weather we had been enjoying.  

- Kathy Shaw has opened up registrations for her online crazy quilt class for beginners, but you'll have to act fast!  Go HERE for further info.  Oh, and did I mention that it's free?

- If you're like me and love the look of neatly folded fabrics on a shelf there's a great tutorial HERE about how to achieve that look (and just going to the post and drooling over her shelves is enough to give me heart palpitations!!).  

Today your quote is from an anonymous source..."These are NOT grey hairs!  They are my wisdom highlights.  I just happen to be extremely wise."




7 comments:

Createology said...

I love how you are tying each of the blocks with flowers, hearts and words of romance. I did drool over the sewing room with such perfectly folded fabrics. Marvelous March Dear...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your rosebud is so beautiful I love the look of folded fabric on shelves. It would be an easy visual and actually an enhancement to the decor. HOWEVER...my house has LOTS of dust. Maybe because I have two dogs, but probably because the house is old. So, I must hide my fabric away in drawers, but they ARE folded so that I can open the drawer and easily see every fabric in it. Almost as good as shelves.
xx, Carol

FlashinScissors said...

Your stitching is beautiful, Mary Anne! Such a delight!
Cute cushion!
Love the quote!
Barbara x

Christine B. said...

Very pretty additions to block four Mary Anne! Hope you are having a lovely weekend! Christine x

Janie said...

Beautiful embellishments, Mary Ann.
I always like prairie points, clever use on the pillow.
Keep warm! It's been very windy here too.

Judy Cooper Textile Images said...

You keep coming up with beautiful stitching ideas! Thanks for the links too.

Baa. xxx said...

Love the saying for the day - just showed my friend it. We giggled.