MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Toast.....


....kaput, expired, done for, cadaverous, lifeless, departed, bit the dust, finished, obsolete, terminated, snuffed out and downright dead.

Yes, my beloved Janome sewing
machine has expired.
The dearly departed died of natural
causes after an unfortunate accident
involving a sudden contact 
with the floor.

The departed is resting in pieces.

We will now have a moment of silence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the bright side a lovely box came home with me today - inside was this....


She's a lovely little Bernette 20 by Bernina.

and just have a peek at this...


There are sixty (60!!!!) different stitch
functions on this little beauty - at least
twice as many as my dearly-departed
Janome.  

Even better?  
She was on sale for a great price!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today's quote is from Oliver Wendell-Holmes:  "Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern; it will come out a rose by and by.  Life is like that - one stitch at a time taken patiently and the pattern will come out all right like the embroidery"


15 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Nothing nicer than getting a new sewing machine!! I love Berninas.... I have always used them and I wouldn't get anything else now! Hope you have a L-O-T of fun trying out all those stitches! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the Janome but on the brighter side, you got a NEW machine! Congratulations on that part. By the way, you do have a way with words. Gives me a chuckle! Great links again. Thanks
    Now you will have to create something with your new supply of stitches - do a cheat crazy quilt block using machine stitches instead of hand ones OR is that a no no? GRIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got a new machine!! yay!! Get set and go!!
    I loved the "how I am feeling" scribble in the last post. For reasons quite different from yours, I too echo the same..
    Maybe its because the winter doesn't want to go away and spring is too shy to come sooner??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Well crud...I inherited a machine with all the bells and whistles just sitting here looking for a good home. You know how much I sew lately!! Enjoy your new toy.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now the learning curve fun begins!! You'll have to show off your new stitches. Thanks for the links.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bye, bye Jan, hello Bernie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh.....a Bernina!! How terribly exciting!! AND....60 stitches no less, there will be no stopping you now, lovely Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...I wouldn't know what to do with 60 stitches...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, poor old Janome. Hello, brand new Bernina.

    You'll enjoy your new machine.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, Mary Anne! So many stitches to try out!
    Have fun!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe, I'm sure it served you well. But wow, what a great new toy, have fun playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How are you liking your new Bernina? A friend has two, a newer model and a nice older one. She's a big fan. I went with a Baby Lock (Aria). It has lots of stitches and I haven't really gotten to expeiement much with them yet. I'm working on piecing a quilt right now. Have a great week! Zenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah
    out with the old
    AND
    in with the new.
    Enjoy Enjoy!
    oxo
    p.s. many thanks for your nice comments over at my Magpie's Nest
    I have been among the missing lately

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, MaryAnne! I was sorry to read (belatedly) about your Janome's unsuccessful Olympic tryouts. Sometimes sh*t happens, and usually at the least expected time. But now you have a new baby, and I have to tell you that nothing beats a Bernina!! Congratulations!!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.