First of all, I must thank my blogging friend Christine from 'Patchwork Allsorts' for nominating me for the 'One Lovely Blog Award'.
The rules are as follows (but we all know that I don't always follow the rules!!)...
In order to accept the award the nominated blogger must:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award.
Seven facts, huh?
1. I've been married to Jack for nearly 36 years and we have two sons (32 and 30) and two amazing daughters-in-love and now one incredible grandson.
2. I was a stay-at-home mom and prior to that I worked in banking for a number of years, as well as being a secretary in a high school before that.
3. We are now retired and live in an apartment building that overlooks our local river. There's a walking path just outside our building that follows the river to the downtown core (and our favourite coffee shop).
4. I was raised on a farm and my playmates were dogs, cats, cattle, pigs and a horse.
5. I'm an only child and married a man who has 8 siblings. Talk about culture shock!
6. I first started into crafting when my aunt came for her yearly visit (I was about 12 I think). She was crocheting one of those huge single-Granny square afghans and showed me the basic stitches. I progressed from there into many other forms of craft and am pretty much self-taught. The advent of the internet opened up a whole realm of possibilities (and interests) in crafting and that's how I learned.
7. I am a crazy quilter (but you all know that, don't you).
Now, according to the rules, I'm supposed to nominate 10 bloggers for this award. Instead, I'm going to nominate ALL of you!!! All of my readers are such wonderful people and have such interesting (and fun!) blogs, so how can I pick just ten? So....I'm throwing down the gauntlet....if you want to play along (or are even just looking for something to write about on your blog), consider yourself nominated!!!!
- - - - - - - - - -
Many of you know that I'm involved in the new 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine spearheaded by Pam Kellogg, and will have noticed the cover pictures in my sidebar (where, by the way, you can click and be taken directly to where you can purchase your very own copy!). I'm asking you a favour - would you please consider doing a little blurb on your blog about the magazine? Our success depends on two things - people submitting pictures and/or articles about their work AND the word getting out that the magazine even exists. The more people that post about it, the more the word will get around, and the magazine will just keep getting better and better. If you want further information, please feel free to contact either Pam (pkellogg AT mc DOT net) or myself (marmic1954 AT hotmail DOT com). Thanks so much!!
- - - - - - - - - -
I would like to give you a heads up about a Canadian online fabric source that I have recently discovered (and must say am impressed with their service!!). Check them out HERE. The owner is willing to go above and beyond, and my fabric arrived much sooner than expected.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Finally, because I know there should be a picture to 'reward' you for all this reading you've been doing, here's the block I just completed with Kathy Shaw's online Beginner's Crazy Quilt Class. I definitely can recommend her classes to anyone considering trying crazy quilting and even those of us who are versed in the art. Alas, her latest Basic Beginner's class registration has closed, but I will be sure to notify when the next one is available. (According to her website the next Basic class registration will open June 27-29).
Today your quote is from Tallulah Bankhead...."If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner"