MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 15, 2015

A little more progress....

Today I made a little more progress on the new hussif.  Actually, I've done a bit more than this, but right now it looks rather like a 'blob' of cross stitching that has no meaning, so you will have to wait and see what it will become.  In the meantime...


Some sections of this hussif won't be embroidered because the pattern in the fabric is already perfect, as you can see here.  All I've added is a simple cross stitch seam treatment at the bottom, some whipped buttonhole stitch on the upper right, along with the recipients name (another use for waste canvas!).  I don't think she reads my blog, so it's safe. 


Today the quote is from Terri Guillemets...."With arms outstretched, I thank.  With heart beating gratefully, I love.  With body in health, I jump for joy.  With spirit full, I live"


8 comments:

  1. Lovely seam stitching treatments and I do see the beauty in the fabric scene. Excellent quote. Thank you for sharing those links. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the links. Check out my blog left hand sidebar. I have two vintage Flckr links as well that you might be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog header is cheerful! thanks for the info. Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do lovely work Mary Anne. No time to follow up links. I am seeing my mother a lot more often.She has become very frail now, and finds it difficult to swallow.
    Cheers
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary Anne.... I'm just catching up on my blog reading after a nice weekend away with family. Loved seeing your progress! Your hussif is really looking lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been enjoying watching your hussif progress. really lovely work. Thanks also for the links to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the fabrics in this piece are very beautiful, rich...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.