MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hussif progress

I must begin by thanking all those who commented about my quilt sizing dilemma from yesterday, and a particularly warm thank you to Vicki Welsh who has a wonderful computer program that sized the quilt exactly AND even gave me the quantity of fabric to buy!  Vicki created several options and one of those has been given the green light.  Now I just have to buy fabric.  Thank you SO much Vicki.

Over the past few days I've been doing a little stitching on the rose hussif and have a few of the seam treatments to show you....







These were all cross-stitched using waste canvas.  



Today the quote is from Hugh Prather..."I am not interested so much in what I do with my hands or words as what I do with my heart.  I want to live from the inside out, not from the outside in"


10 comments:

  1. oh....love that tall pink cross stitched rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! On happy to help you sane quilt any time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary Anne your rose stitching is looking just gorgeous! I'm loving this!

    You're very welcome to climb into my creative mind but you know, like that quote, I never know quite how much of this creativity comes from my heart - I'm thinking that is where it really is!!!

    Thank you for all of your sweet comments throughout the years and I wish for you and your family a most
    joyful New Year full of many small blessings!
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stitching and I love the quote!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rosy creation with a perfect quote too!
    Wishing you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year...looking forward to a new year of creativity and fun!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful border cross-stitching. How wonderful someone was able to help you with your dilemma. Hope your sane quilting doesn't drive you insane. Look forward to seeing your creation! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that quote - it's beautiful, and so very fitting for this time of year…
    Glad you got the help you needed for your quilting dilemma - I'm rubbish at the math part and would have been no good to you. The quilt sounds wonderful - I hope you'll be posting pictures as you go.
    Best wishes for the New Year - I hope it brings many wonderful things to you and to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that rose! Such beautiful shading, and a great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:49 AM

    I love the cross stitch designs you add to your creations. They are always so beautiful. You have a real gift. Jane in MO

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful edges here Mary Anne....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.