MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, December 22, 2014

A new project - the beginning

Some of you may remember me mentioning that I was soon going to start on a rose-themed project - another hussif.  (You can go HERE to see my original post about it and see the background as it was pieced together).   Over the weekend I started stitching on it and here are the first two seams completed...



In the picture above you can see one of the rose hankies I
had in my collection, with the waste canvas cross-stitched
seam treatment.

Below is another treatment, also done using waste canvas,
and the pretty tatted edging of another hankie.

Today the quote is from Mary Ellen Chase.... "Christmas, children, is not a date.  It's a state of mind"


6 comments:

  1. Oh, this will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'm going to love this too!
    Christmas blessings to you and your family and a happy festive holiday time!
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:24 AM

    Your x-stitch is beautiful. A very lovely seam treatment. Jane in MO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely seam treatment!
    xo
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is so much wonderful detail in your roses, so intricate,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.