MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Activity book - part 2

Here is the continuation from yesterday's post of the pages from the activity book I made for our grandson...




This page simply has a pair of pre-made mittens stitched down.  He can put his hands inside.




A felt barn, with animal finger puppets.  Pattern for the barn came from serving-pink-lemonade.com and the finger puppets was from jocelynandjason.blogspot.com


This page is a colour-matching game.  The balloons are removable and held in place with velcro.


This is a 'cause and effect' page.  He can pull on a ribbon and see it move somewhere else on the page.


This is the final page.  I had some dinosaur-printed fabric so I used some as an applique.  There is a zippered pocket on the page which holds the felt transportation pieces.  I just looked around on the internet for line drawings and used those for the designs.




There you have it - an activity book that I had a 
great deal of fun creating and hope my grandson has
fun playing with it.

Last night we watched my favourite Christmas program - the old original Boris Karloff version of 'The Grinch' and so today's quote is from the Grinch himself.... "Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.  What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  What if Christmas...perhaps....means a little bit more"    Wise words!


9 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I'm sure he'll have hours of fun with it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great book for fun and learning. Question: Does Logan have to cross his arms to get both his little hands in the mitts or is he supposed to figure out which is which?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book is sure to provide hours of entertainment and will be a nice teachin tool as well. I know it was fun to make and I love the little finger puppets in the barn.
    The Grinch! Yes he learned Christmas was something more.
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these quiet books and yours is just perfect. Love that you've put textures in, they don't often do that in quiet books, so well done you for thinking to do it.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fabulous idea!!
    Merry Merry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a wonderful Idea....you are way too talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the pointer to this great book. I'll be sure to make a few for my GKs.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.