MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

A new beginning


Today I am starting yet another series of seam treatments for you to play with.  I won't, however, be telling you what I'm making with them.  I want it to be a surprise when it's done!  I know - I'm mean, aren't I?!!  So...here goes....



and here is how to make them...


Cross stitches (black); straight stitches (red and green):






Fly stitches (black) & straight stitches (red):


Today your quote is from the Dalai Lama...."Our prime purpose in this life is to help others and if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them

4 comments:

  1. Interesting seam treatments. Thanks for the links. I saved a couple of them for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a tease. Will all your seam treatments be in black for this project? Great links and so grateful you find and share them with us. If only our world would listen and follow these wise words of the Dalai Lama. May your day be amazing...<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful robin on your header. Great embroidery combinations, attractive.
    I like the quote too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.