A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Stitching on


More seam treatments on block 3






This one is pretty much done with straight stitches, with some lazy daisies & either French knots or beads.






The base line on this one was done using straight stitches and the curved bits were whipped back stitch.  Straight stitches, lazy daisies and beads completed the treatment.  If you don't have a template to make the curves, try using a button to draw around.

The mumblings of the day...


- I've been using commercial stitch markers for my knitting - rather boring really.  I'd love to have some of THESE instead!  Would make knitting more fun don't you think?

- Pat Winter has just released what-looks-to-be a wonderful book filled with crazy quilt eye candy and you can see more about it HERE.  

- I don't know if any of you might be interested in making your own spice mixes, but HERE's a site with several different versions and if you'd like to try some different salad dressings go HERE  (See?  You never know what you're going to find when you read my mumblings!!)

Today your quote is from anonymous...."The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about"



7 comments:

Judys Lace Creations said...

I've been admiring your stitching Mary Anne. I have bveen wanting to do some stitching, but involved with too much else at the moment.This type of stitching appeals, and is very soothing! Looks beautiful.

allthingzsewn said...

Pretty hand work, I'll be playing catchup for awhile. Love todays quote.

Lady of the Manor said...

I'm loving all of your lovely stitching! These blocks are pretty and romantic.

Createology said...

Your seam treatments are wonderful and the tip of using a button to get a curve is brilliant. I also like the bright bead stitch markers. So many things to see and make and do...yet so little time.

crazyQstitcher said...

Oh, these two seams are wonderful. I really like the first but Really love the second.
Well done MA

Christine Barnsley said...

More beautiful additions to your block. I really love the curved line.... where do you get your gorgeous beads from... they are lovely! Christine x

Baa. xxx said...

Beautiful stitching. Love todays quote!